British re-built/badged T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: British re-built/badged T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 04:44 am:

Does anyone know if any Maiflower cars still exist. They were built in Gloucester by two ex-army captains, M. Price and A.I. Flower, from 1919 to 1921. The only illustration that I can find is on page 361 of G.N. Georgano's Encyclopedia of Motor Cars. It looks very sporty, although apart from being lowered the rest of the mechanicals are apparently standard.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 05:23 am:

Here is a 2012 thread with pictures about the Maiflower cars: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/268404.html?1329858868

If a standard T engine was used, the same horsepower tax calculated on cylinder diameter that slowed Model T sales in Britain in those years would also have affected the Maiflower. My guess is that very few were sold(?)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 04:39 am:

Thanks Roger. Old age must be taking hold, I had forgotten that thread, and I even commented on it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration