Venders

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Venders
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 01:28 pm:

Ok Iím just now getting time to work on my 26 Tudor. I have been reading all of the posts on venders. Was wondering out of Langs, Macís, Gaslight, Snyderís, Chaffinís, Bobís, Fun Projects and Texas T who has the best online capabilities and the worst. I like I think a lot of guys I works all day, has kids and their activities after work and only the web is open.

I have a few of the print catalogs but some read like stereo instructions. Hard to fallow and match up parts I need! I also think I will be wanting to use more of the online feature if I could. I would really like some guidance on pros and cons on the venders? Just wanting to know who is the best and worst to deal with?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 01:37 pm:

Tom:

I think the number one most knowledgeable Vender is Ford-N-More in Spokane, Washington. Phone 509-535-7789, Toll Free: (800) 327-1469. Another very experienced vender is Texas T Parts 1-800-337-6977. Lang's has also been very good for me.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill dugger on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 01:41 pm:

Tom: I am in California and I order 99% of my parts from Lang's and great service. The one's you mentioned are all great and some may be better. Try Langs and talk to the guys there if need be. The girls there are very, very good and knowledgeable.

bill d #14079

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 01:45 pm:

Best online service I've found has been with Lang's. Ford-N-More and Chaffin's are both great but you need to call them during business hours, fine people who know their stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 01:46 pm:

Tom,

I hope this thread doesn't morf into vendor bashing.

I have used MAC's in the past but went elsewhere because of slow shipping and poor customer service. They used to be good.
I use Snyder's, Langs and have been very happy with their service and knowledge.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 02:09 pm:

Lang's and Snyder's both have good on-line catalogs. Snyder's is in your area, so would probably have quicker delivery. I normally use Lang's, just because I like them, but placed an order today with Smith and Jones because they are closer to me and will likely deliver overnight for ground price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 02:14 pm:

Dennis this thread was not meant to for vendor bashing. It seams Langs is the only one really anyone talks about. Here in Ohio we have two and not much said about them? Just makes me wonder about issues with them?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 02:37 pm:

I like Snyder's and Lang's both. Never had anything but excellent service from both. Prices are about the same and they both have a lot of the same stuff. Lang's does have some used stuff that Snyder's does not have, but Snyder's has some cool repro stuff that Lang's doesn't. When I can I try to find out who the real supplier of a part is and order straight from them - for instance I got my pinion bearing kit straight from Fun Projects instead of through another vendor.

Also: I personally don't order anything from Mac's anymore because they were super slow, but I definitely use their website! You are asking about online capabilities and they have awesome exploded diagrams with corresponding part numbers for different assemblies and sub-assemblies all over the car. It's very helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Allen on Tuesday, November 19, 2013 - 02:51 pm:

Lang's has a very good website for browsing and ordering. They always respond with an email that they are getting your order ready and another when it ships with tracking number and estimated delivery time. They also have good free telephone technical support.
On another note: Find out the source of a part if you can (the Vintage Ford sometimes has ads from source people). Sometimes you can get it much cheaper that way (and sometimes not).
Example: A starter motor from Larry Becker in Ohio costs $145. The same starter Larry supplies to Macs costs $275 from them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philippe BROST, France on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 03:55 am:

I am in France and I order from Lang's. I passed an order sunday and I received the parcel next saturday with the custom cleared ! Good service and they answer to mail and shipping cost for Europe are the best.
Only question with online order with all the main venders is that you don't know if the product is available or back order when you pass your order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 09:19 am:

Thanks for all the information. I do have another question. I see comments about Snyderís who are near Youngstown, Ohio but nothing on Gaslight. They are just north of Springfield Ohio much closer to me. Any Information on them???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 10:08 am:

If you're going to shop only online, I think Lang's website is best. They're also good at answering emailed questions you may have. If you're able to make a list from catalogues at your leisure and order by phone during business hours, there are several good parts sources. Some of those are Chaffin's, Birdhaven, and Snyder's. I love Bob's in spite of the catalogue. Chaffin's is great because of being the source for important parts sold by all the other dealers and because Glen and Dave are knowledgeable and very helpful by phone. Mac's has the best printed catalogue with wonderful illustrations, and a lousy reputation for poor service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 11:13 am:

I deal with Snyder's in New Springfield, Ohio. Never any problems and very helpful. I have ordered from Gaslight in the past (a long time ago) and they were also very good folks to deal with. I haven't received a catalog from Gaslight for awhile so I guess that's why I haven't ordered from them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 12:23 pm:

Tom, I have dealt with both places here in Ohio plus many of the others and I would most certainly recommend Snyder's or Gaslight. If you are so inclined you are fairly close to Urbana and I would recommend a trip to Gaslight, nothing like face to face communication especially if you have tech questions . That goes for Snyder's or any others as well. Lang's has a good catalog and I purchase from them mainly when I go to Hershey. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 03:09 pm:

Lang's, Lang's, Lang's. Fast, friendly and fair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron on Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - 03:14 pm:

I posted this back in October on another thread. Illustrative of why I always opt for Lang's and why I wrote what I did above:

A week ago I ordered a starter from Lang's and they happened to have one in stock. I had the day off today, so I went to pick it up and drop off my core (Lang's is about 20 miles away from my house). When I got there, the Lang's crew was packing up and loading out for Hershey - the place was an absolute beehive of activity. Steve Lang pulled my new starter off the shelf, checked my core and asked me if there was anything else I needed? I mentioned I needed a center hood rod and he said "I'll need to cut one. Be right back." Before I could say anything, he disappeared in the back. After about 10 minutes, he returned with the rod, a smile and a friendly "Here you go, you're all set."

My point: with the load out, Steve had more important tasks at that moment than cutting a hood rod that was really an afterthought of mine as I was driving up there. In fact, if I had known he'd have to make one up, I wouldn't have mentioned it - I'd have phoned an order for it in some other time. The fact that, in the midst of everything else they were doing this morning, the folks at Lang's went the extra mile to take care of a customer is why they are the ONLY supplier I use for my T parts.

Don, Steve, Ashley and the rest of the team at Lang's - THANK YOU!!! In the 10 years I've been buying my parts through Lang's, you have always been fantastic to deal with - today was just another example and I appreciate it.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration