Brakes adapt. 26-7 T Q..

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Brakes adapt. 26-7 T Q..
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 08:12 pm:

Is there a set of relined shoes that I can buy that I can adapt to a regular t at the parking brake ? if it can fit on the drum can it be done
Ha anyone done such a adaptation that I can see pic.
Thank you ..Lorenzo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 08:34 pm:

I have seen 6 lug Chevy brakes adapted to fit a Model T. I have no pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 09:38 pm:

Im not sure what you are asking. Are you wanting to use the stock 26-27 rear parking brake as a service brake. If so the 26-27 shoes are already lined. Langs and the other catalogs sell a brake equalizer kit to convert the 26-27 parking brake setup to a service brake. If you want to use it on a earlier car you would need to change to a 26-27 style rearend. There are also original aftermarket external brake setups available for both the small and large brake drums. They show up from time to time on e-bay or at swap meets. Then there is the rocky mountain brake setups for sale in the parts vendor catalogs. They are a little pricy but they work very well. The internal 26-27 style internal shoes work good with the equalizer setup and is a little cheaper than the rocky mountain setup. If you are wanting to use accessory lined shoes inside a small brake drum, I do not recommend it as a service brake. There is not enough surface area, and the drums are not thick enough. They will heat up and "fade" very quickly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By lorenzo leon on Saturday, November 30, 2013 - 11:18 pm:

No I have the large drums on the 26n im not to partial to the system of the cam opening on one side only ,guess ill use what I have then ..
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown on Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 10:12 am:

The large 26-27 drums you have, used with the brake equalizer set up from langs and the other vendors, will make the cams open together. The equalizer makes the rods have a equal pull on both cams and both wheels will work together. When properally installed you can make both wheels "slide" when applying the brakes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, December 01, 2013 - 02:21 pm:

I've seen installations of 55-57 chevy brake drums (10") on 26-7 T rear axles. The cast iron drums supposedly work WAY better than a steel drum I'm told. I believe they retained the T brake shoe

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration