Old Photo - At The Track

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photo - At The Track
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 10:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 12:12 pm:

Must be some kinda show as the wood platform goes out into the track and the dirt is built up on one side so you can drive on it. I though at first it might be a drive-in but there are no speakers on the all the poles in the field so must just be markers for parking.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 12:29 pm:

It look as though the cars are supposed to jump that ramp?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, December 02, 2013 - 12:44 pm:

I think the platform slopes from ground level on the left. Looks like a '35 or so Tudor so the T's are older. I don't see any pigs. Interesting that the cars in competition are all tourings.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren W. Mortensen on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 03:53 am:

They used to use those jumps at county fairs. My '14 had a busted sill due to that sort of abuse.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Rowles on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 05:10 am:

I guess this competition/demonstration activity must have evolved into the current and even-more-stupid demolition derby some people enjoy......I would rather putt-putt down to the ice cream shop and sit on the running board and discuss the car and the weather with folks......as we get older the nature of our fun and other values changes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 12:07 pm:

at the minnesota state fair they once laid track in front of the grandstand and had two of the "obsolete" steam engines crash head on! now thats entertainment !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 - 12:19 pm:

Minnesota state fair train collision - National Recovery Act vs. Old Man Depression:

http://www.efootage.com/stock-footage/56975/

Iowa State Fair - Roosevelt vs. Hoover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yHsuFaDBYE

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration