Old Photos-The First Bombardier Snow Sled Powered by a Model T Power Plant

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Old Photos-The First Bombardier Snow Sled Powered by a Model T Power Plant
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By david greenlees on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 02:05 pm:

We found these photos will researching the motorcycle-powered snow sleds we posted here recently. This was J. Armand Bombardier's first snow machine he built when he was 15 years old, you can learn all about it @ http://www.museebombardier.com/en/content/jab/biographie1907_1925.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDonald-Federal Way, Wa. on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 07:15 pm:

He also mad many modified auto version using tracks and props through the 30's. In 29 he designed Tracks for a Model T and they are almost identical to the Snowmobile,Snow Flyer and Snow Bird. in 1931 he changed the track assembly to one drive wheel(duels on each side 30x3.5) and added 4 smaller bogie wheels for the belt tracks
to ride on. He played with these larger units until 1957 when he turned to the Snow Scooter Or
Ski-doo Model SK-60. Very interesting history.
Information from personal research and from a very interesting book called AS THE SNOW FLIES
by The Ingham Family,published in Canada ,(copyright 2000)I have no connection with them.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - 09:12 pm:

I have two Kinner R-55 engines that were used in snow sleds in Canada.
I would love to see a picture of a kinner powered sled

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration