My wife and I have been heating our home with nothing but a wood stove for 35 years. The stove is in the basement with a alarm system that alerts us to a possible chimney fire if it gets to hot. The alarm died.
Is there any one that can repair a solid state electronic system. It was made by Vermont
Technology Group. They are out of business. It worked well for years.
As with most electronics you are probably far ahead to just replace it rather than even think about repair.
A google search resulted in:
A DYI alarm at
Here is one you can buy:
May be safer to burn dry wood and clean and/or check for any creosote build up regularly.
A chimney brush and ladder are cheap investments.
what should the High Temperature be set at?