West Coast Help needed....HME trip-bucket list item

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: West Coast Help needed....HME trip-bucket list item
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 10:21 am:

I'm planning a trip right after Christmas to attend the Holiday Motor Excursion and will be needing help and guidance. As of now a lot of information about where I could stay, and hopefully be able to hitch a ride with someone. If you want to PM me as you don't want phone numbers or e-mail on a post that's fine. This is a recent bucket list item (5-10 years old) and now that I've retired want to start it off right by doing something at the top of my list. Something like get a job will just have to wait till later in the year....lol.Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 04:07 pm:

You need to go, Jerry - it is a blast.
I can't justify trailering 365 miles each way to attend a one-day, 30 mile event, but it is one of the most fun things to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 04:45 pm:

Thanks Dan for the support, any chance you'll be around later that week? I have a cousin in San F and might make it up your way, still planning my trip. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Haynes on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 06:22 pm:

You can stop by anytime, Jerry, but the plan is to be at HME! When I said I can't justify it, I didn't mean we don't GO, I meant it is a crazy thing to do, but go anyway!

And just think, it was only 36 years ago you rode with me over the Continental Divide in my express wagon.

SF is only about 80 miles west. Almost on the way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Monday, December 16, 2013 - 06:29 pm:

PM sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 04:23 pm:

Jerome

Come on down! I'm sure you'll have a few cars to choose from to ride in. There are several guys that check the Forum so you should see more offers.
I sent you a PM but from Lima, Peru so it may take a bit before you read it. I'll be back in Surf City soon.

RDR Do you plan on getting the Old Brass Picup on the road?

How about Fast Frank Harris? I know we have tons of guys and a couple of clubs that will be heading that way.

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 04:35 pm:

The plan right now for the Harris clan is to all ride in our '15 Touring... sorry, no extra room :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 05:10 pm:

Did the final paperwork today for leaving the company, way to big a deal for a retirement. Got to get ready for a legion meeting tonight! I'll have more time tomorrow to answer the PM's I'm getting. Tomorrow first thing is to drive the T to coffee, as being unemployed in over 30 years, I now have the time, just need the money......Lol

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 04:51 pm:

Planing to stop by some T parts suppliers, Chaffins and Rootliebs, does any body know if they will be open after the 30th?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 05:10 pm:

Better call ahead. Especially Rootlieb's. Quite a few miles between the two also.

Just my $.02 worth.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 05:20 pm:

Good advice from Mike to call ahead. Chaffins is in Corona, CA and Rootliebs in in Turlock, CA. They are approximately 360 miles apart, so you need to know for sure who's open and who's not before starting the trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 07:08 pm:

Jerry, your not old enough to retire! Have fun in California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 08:58 pm:

The more I look at everything it's looking like I will go north after the HME, just not sure when. And Mike if you had a boss like the one I had to deal with for the last 3 years retirement was the better option than wearing a orange jumpsuit for the rest of my life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 12:05 am:

Jerome H,
That is the main reason I am headed into "forced early retirement". That plus taking care of my screwed-up family.
I have never made to an HME. Maybe next year. If I can camp-out along the way.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Micheal Crowe on Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:59 am:

Happy retirement! Its feels pretty good. Hope your trip goes well and is Julie going?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 12:03 pm:

Jerome,
I've been waiting here in Chile for a response from you and Ralph.

You don't want to miss attending the HME. RDR, Get that Ole Brass PiCup filled with gas and let's GO.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 07:14 pm:

The ol' brass picup is going, Gene; it's my lack of energy that may make me request a chauffer.

The last month I've been all tied up: day labor writing the engineering order, wiring diagrams and wire lists to put the latest weather radar in an old ex-Panam 747. I do almost all of it at home. They finish it up tomorrow. Fun and profitable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays KS on Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 11:54 pm:

They say once you retire you'll be busier than when you worked, well I believe it now. Gene, and RD, sorry I haven't yet answered your E-mails, still waiting to hear about one thing on/for my trip. YES I'm going and will be over in the area by Thursday afternoon. Am thinking of attending the Thursday night meeting for the OCMTFC. I should be able to have a much better idea on Saturday my final plans. Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ricks - Surf City on Friday, December 20, 2013 - 09:03 am:

LB and OC T meetings were the parties this month.

OC is normally 2nd Tue.
LB is normally 2nd Thur.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:17 am:

The new location is better, because there is more room, but I sure miss Pasadena when it was smaller, and not so many people.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration