Spindle Arm Bushing Split

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Spindle Arm Bushing Split
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Corts on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 01:36 am:

Where should I put the split of the spindle arm bushing? Is one side or place better to have it than another for wear?

Thanks

Adam Corts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 03:28 am:

Actually I don't think it matters much, but If I had a choice I would place the split to the front or to the rear, since the primary forces on the bushings would be in the sideways direction.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 09:57 am:

I use bronze bushings in mine, with no split.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Corts on Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 12:19 pm:

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Larry, I decided to go with steel on these parts. I think the spindle arm bolts are easy enough to replace and not as hard to find.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration