Wood body parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Wood body parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Hickey on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 10:28 am:

restoring a 1912 t and of course the more I try to fix the more I find that needs fixing. Some of the wood body parts have rotted away. Where do you guys find parts like this or do you make them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 10:34 am:

I would check Langs (modeltford.com) or Snyders (Snydersantiqueauto.com)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 10:41 am:

The Craftsman makes whole bodies for the early years - maybe he helps with parts too?
http://www.the-craftsman.biz/home.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By william louis rosenthal on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 11:57 am:

Bill: The vendors do not sell wooden parts for your 1912 other than the wooden clash strips, and the dash. Given that there were a half dozen suppliers of 1912 bodies, you would not likely find these parts usable if they were available, given the extent of variation between them. No wooden part on a Ford body is complicated to make yourself, but you do need a reliable pattern. If your wood skills are not up to the task, I recommend you post photos of the pieces you need here. Someone here can certainly help you work up a credible replacement.
Regards,
Scott

Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, December 17, 2013 - 05:42 pm:

Bill, sent you a PM.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration