One of my earliest Model T memories

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: One of my earliest Model T memories
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:20 pm:

I seem to remember this show on TV when I was a kid. I remember this episode where they were I think at Greenfield Village and explained about the Model T. The man said something about how easy a properly tuned Model T would start. He then gave this car one crank and it started.
Funny what you remember with the right bump.
I think the show was called Discovery.

Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Friday, December 20, 2013 - 10:48 pm:

What gives with the power/extension cord going up into the engine bay?

If only more t.v. shows were still that good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 12:20 am:

Probably for a microphone?
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 01:21 am:

Lol yeah, it's definitely a microphone cord, look at the connector right where the cord starts to lift off the ground.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 01:41 am:

Is that #839?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 03:20 am:

The ladys' name was Virginia Gibson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 03:24 am:

My earliest T memory was my wife driving away with another man in one! :-(

He brought her back... after some time had passed. Dang it!! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 08:24 am:

Here's the Wikipedia entry for the Discovery show:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_(1960s_TV_series)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 09:40 am:

If that's Greenfield Village, then yes that's #839

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 09:40 am:

Looks like the "bulb" of the microphone is right under the radiator on the frame...nice pic Herb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Mullis on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 10:04 am:

My earliest memories of a T, go only back to the early 1970s. My history teacher showed a film on the Model T. I remember the narrator saying: "There's one car that can take you anywhere you want to go......". (now on youtube)
It was love at first sight.

As teenagers, the other guys wanted muscle cars.
I wanted a T.......or a 68' GT-350.

Now that I have a little more money, Ford starts producing the Shelby Mustangs again, temptation temptation. I had a personal ultimatum...Shelby or Lizzie.

I think the new Shelbys are way cool but there's nothing like driving a T. At the gas pump with Liz, I'm often asked if I drive the ol' gal to car shows or parades. My reply is: "everywhere you drive a Model T is a parade and everywhere you park it is a car show.
Sorry Shelby but my heart goes to Lizzie.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 10:32 am:

I was going to suggest Wonderama but that sure isn't Sonny Fox.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Saturday, December 21, 2013 - 01:13 pm:

There is also a wire between the man's legs.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration