1913 T Town Car - how many still exist and when will l get one ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: 1913 T Town Car - how many still exist and when will l get one ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 04:42 am:

I guess that the heading says it all, of the 1415 odd Town cars made in 1913, how many actually still exist ?
I would dearly love to complete my 1913 collection of 3 body styles, but how will l find an original Town Car??

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to you all.

David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 02:29 pm:

Hi Dave,
I sincerely hope you find one!
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Nebraska on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 03:20 pm:

Patience and perseverance. Neither of which I possess. :-)

Good luck on your quest,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 04:18 pm:

David,just call Jim Finney and bring your check book!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Chantrell - Adelaide, Australia on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 04:36 pm:

A very interesting question. Ignoring the year 1913, how many original town cars of all years actually survive? Does anybody have a photo of these rare beauties?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 05:05 pm:

Dam, I'm in the wrong job Dave, might need to send the better half back to full time woollies so I can fulfil a plan and dream of a TOWN CAR!! Cheers and a merry Christmas. Frank.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 05:56 pm:

Jim Finney does not have a '13 town car as far as I know. He's got two 1912 town cars, one 1914, a 1915, and a 1917.

And a heck of a lot more nice brass T's.

Here's Jim with one of the '12 Town cars (right) and a '14 (left). It was 2 degrees that day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 06:12 pm:

Rioyce, I've never had the good fortune to meet Jim or visit his collection. I did think that this one was a 1913. Assuming you are right then it is a '14.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 06:23 pm:

David,
Forget about the towncar this Christmas and buy that nice rebuilt Gemsa engine from Mark Chaffin. That will make Roses Tudor get up and go!
Warwick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chuck Hoffman - Gold Country of Calif. on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 06:32 pm:

I used to have a couple of them out in the shed on the back 40. Shed fell down in 1956 but there may still be some stuff under the rubble. I'll check and if I find one, I'll send it to you. Merry Christmas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 07:39 pm:

Jim has two 1914 Towncars
-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Sunday, December 22, 2013 - 08:14 pm:

Terry - that one is a '14. It has incorrect brass lamps on it. Wood parts except the firewall should be painted. I would love to own it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Monday, December 23, 2013 - 11:31 am:

I heard that that car was a nice original car until a previous owner "restored" it and tried to make it pretty.

TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 04:09 pm:

Hey thanks for the comments, it seems that there may very well be a lot of us after the same things, Town Cars, come taxi's, up market middle class limo's, what ever you think of them, they're still a fascinating "T" hing.
Merry Xmas/Holidays, did you T drive on Xmas day, we did the Ice Cream shop trip .... damn thing was closed, oh well, great drive anyway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kerry van Ekeren (Australia) on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 04:14 pm:

Yes Dave, a nice hour long drive to burn the smell off a new exhaust system!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 04:42 pm:

David - Good try, but you're not fooln' THIS ol' Model "T" Grandpa! You knew that ice cream shop was closed,......it's just that a trip in the "T" for ice cream was the only excuse you could think of on the spur of the moment for a drive in the "T"!

Only reason I thought of that is because I "invent" all kinds of silly reasons to go someplace in our depot hack! (.......and some of those "reasons" make a lot less sense than ice cream!)

Just kidding you David (sorta') but in the meantime, Merry Christmas to all,........harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dare - Just a little South West . on Wednesday, December 25, 2013 - 04:52 pm:

Harold, you may very well be spot on, l had a sneaking suspicion that it would be closed on Christmas day and yes a drive was in order, it seems that family members who have seen our cars dived at the chance for a small ( yes about an hour long ) drive, the ice cream shop would have been the "icing" on the cake, BUT it was a perfect T driving day, heck l might even do it again today..... Ice Cream/coffee/burger at McDonalds anyone ???
G'day Frank- Warwick - Merry Christmas for another year...

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration