Starter bendix gear

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2013: Starter bendix gear
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen D Heatherly on Friday, December 27, 2013 - 10:58 pm:

Has anybody ever used a new starter bendix drive gear? Are they good quality? Where are they made?

Thanks,
Stephen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 07:31 am:

No but I was surprised that I could get new bendix springs from NAPA anyway this will move the thread up so maybe someone else can see it
G.R.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 08:01 am:

Stephen,
I bought one at the Centennial celebration in 2008, and installed it while I was there. I've had no problems with it, but, I don't remember which vendor sold it to me, but, it was one of the "new parts" vendors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 08:30 am:

Back about 10 or 12 years I sold bendixes to guys who had bought one or more of the repops and they DID NOT WORK. I understand that the new ones are better. There used to be a fellow that came over once a year from Germany and bought T parts. He bought 25 bendixes from me one year. I have not seen him in about 5 years, I understand that import duty into Germany was so high he could not make any money and quit importing T parts. It has always been a question in my mind that he sold enough parts in Germany to move 25 Bendixes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 09:34 am:

Stephen,

When you have time during the week, call these folks:

http://www.modeltford.com/item/5021G.aspx

they have a reputation of making things right - if things are wrong.

Happy New Year,

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 09:51 am:

I recently bought some repro starter bendix parts from one of our vendors. I believe the only ones currently available are actually manufactured by Snyders. In any case the ones I got came in Snyders packaging, that of course has no marking on it that identifies its origin or any connection to Snyders. I think that says a little about pride of workmanship, or not.

The parts required some hand fitting using a belt sander, but were usable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 01:46 pm:

Snyder's uses the "generic packaging" they do because a big part of their business is wholesaling to other major vendors & smaller dealers.

Plainly put, nobody wants to sell parts that have some other dealers name on them...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 02:01 pm:

Stephen,

I replaced the bendix assembly on my 27 Roadster this past summer. I bought it from Lang's, it fit in very well and has been working fine since. Not hard at all to install.

Randy Glowacki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Thum on Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 03:07 pm:

G. R Chesire

Could you elaborate a little more on getting the spring from Napa? Part number and such.

Thanks
Steven

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration