2713-14 reamers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 2713-14 reamers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren Larkin on Monday, April 14, 2014 - 12:09 am:

Hello all,

Going through some old boxes of my grandfather's I found some interesting reamers. I have 2 2713-14 reamers, one made by Stevens, one made by the Watervliett Tool Company.
They seem to be in decent shape for an 80 year old reamer.
I'm not sure if there is a real going price on these, but if you want one (or both!), make me any sort of fair offer.

Also have one marked 'FORD 3022 1/2', which measures .742 and is made by Keystone. Not sure if this one is useful to you guys. Anyway, get in touch if you are at all interested.

Cheers,

Darren Larkin2713-14Ford

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 02:24 pm:

I have one of those FORD 3022 1/2 reamers. They were made by the FORD tool Co. not FMC ,but I would like to know what they are for.The other two tools are front spindle reamers. The appear to be in good shape.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 02:33 pm:

Wrist pin bushing, Jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 05:23 pm:

Steve,my model T doesn't have a bushing that size to ream. What car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 06:29 pm:

All cast iron pistons used brass bushings and new ones need to be reamed. The thicker bushings were used up to '22 or '23 something like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 09:19 pm:

Part number 3022 1/2 is the piston bushings. Take the # on the reamer and look up that as a Ford part number and it will tell you what bushing that reamer fits. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 09:21 pm:

Thanks,I''m pretty sure I should have known that,but Having a senior moment here.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration