WarFord centering mount broken

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WarFord centering mount broken
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 04:31 pm:

Here's the image where the centering cone should go, has about a 3 ft shaft with stock universals. The lower flange us broken off at the Auxillary trans and the top 2 bolts are sheared off as well. Seems to drive well has about many miles in it, you would nit notice anything unless you visually looked close. This is why I would like to replace with another type of shirt shaft. Or any ideas. ? And maybe use a center support bearing. No image. Too large. Verrucas I'll email it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 10:45 am:

Where's the image?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 09:43 pm:

Image was to large they say. I'm just going to repair it with a new style u joint and shaft Heck my brush hog runs a long shaft with no support has a real u joint not a T type primitive . No need for the t cone plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 12:25 pm:

Steve,
The problem with having the rear housing broken is not with the shaft or u joint. That bell coupling locates the rear end in the truck. It is responsible for transferring all the forces generated by the rear end, such as acceleration and braking, to the rest of the vehicle. Without it all the force is absorbed by the rear spring and shackles, which they were never designed to withstand. Failure of those parts would leave your rear end behind you in the street, which could buy you the trouble trophy on a club tour. Not something you want.
Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Elliott on Friday, April 25, 2014 - 11:04 am:

Have over 200 miles and no problem , I'm more worried about blowing the motor with my extra weight l passenger in the Tour. See you there Shake down make it or break it

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration