Parts Wanted: Side Lamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Parts Wanted: Side Lamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:19 am:

I have a few of these for the left side,I need a right side,I will trade a left side and pay shipping for a right side.Thanks Jack 4794141282

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:39 am:

Those are tail lamps, not side lamps.

They were mounted on the left. There is no corresponding right tail lamp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:52 am:

Erik look again there are 2 pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:10 am:

Again, both of those are tail lamps, not side lamps. One of them has a an incorrect clear bullseye lens - it should also be red.

You won't find that style of tail lamp with a small clear lens on the left side of the lamp - they don't exist.

There is a second style of tail lamp with a large clear lens and a small red lens. The stud is located on the opposite side of the small lens whereas the stud on your lamps is located opposite of the large lens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:48 am:

Disclaimer - my answers above pertain to U.S. built Model Ts.

There may have been a right hand CLASCO tail light for Canadian built RHD Model Ts. The experts would have to chime in if that is the case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Hedges on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:52 am:

I have several with the clear lens and they look like they were built that way

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 12:20 pm:

Side lamps have only one lens.

Tail lamps have two lenses - one clear and one red. If you have a tail lamp with a clear bullseye lens, then someone took it off a side lamp and transplanted onto a tail lamp.

Here is the early style - the small clear lens shines on the license plate. The large red bulls eye lens faces the rear. The mounting stud is opposite of the large red lens.

Here is the later style, starting in 1923. The lamp is oriented 90 degrees compared to the earlier lamp. The large clear lens faces the license plate. The small lens is red and faces the rear. The mounting stud is opposite the small red lens. Neither lens is bullseye.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 05:45 pm:

Jack, you can switch the clear bullseye lens on a side light with the red lens from a taillight and use that for a right side taillight. It doesn't need the clear light that shines on the license, the left side takes care of that. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike_black on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 08:43 pm:

You can pretty much swap any door on any light. For proof of that, look in the brass lamp door of a lot of 1915's and you'll see many of them are square inside. (Real 15's are round inside). I've got 2 electrified cowl lights with red tail light doors as brake lights on my boat tail speedster.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration