Parts for Sale: 1909-11 front axle and 1 piece spindles

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Parts for Sale: 1909-11 front axle and 1 piece spindles
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 02:10 pm:

For sale is an original 1909-11 front axle with original 1 piece spindles.one of the spindles is bent and will need to be straightened.$2250.00 Kim Dobbins Harbor City, CA. 310-539-9328 kdmks AT att.net

(Message edited by adminchris on April 23, 2014)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 08:17 pm:

The spindle that looks bent, is not. That's just the way it was forged. I took it off today and mounted the spindle between centers and both ends run true.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, April 24, 2014 - 09:56 pm:

Kim:

I have seen some early drive shafts that are machined true from end to end but the center of the shaft is a full 1/8" off center here and there. I never used one but wondered when the car was going down the street if the entire rear end would "hop" up and down with the RPM ha ha. Early stuff can be crude but it works and it won't likely break off either.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration