Small misc for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Small misc for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 - 09:49 pm:

All postpaid. From left to right. NOS accessory top bow nut springs. These are 100 year old store stock. They go on the bottom of bow and the spring tension keeps the nut from vibrating off. $15 pair, $25 for 2 pair ( touring car ). .........pair of NOS accessory license plate brackets, $20 pr.............. 2 different types of top bow separators, $12 pr, choose your style and quantity, some original condition, some NOS in black japan finish, some old recast in brass, need finished to suit. For more info on these, tmorsher@icloud.com Remember , these small parts are postpaidMisc small

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 12:54 pm:

I had a request on how the bow nut springs are used. Bow nut springs

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 12:59 pm:

NOS license plate clips have sold. THANKS MTFCA. !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 03:45 pm:

Tim-
I thought on those top bow spring nuts the tabs were bent around the square part of the top nut to hold it in position and prevent it from turning.

???

What is the ID of the hole?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 09:04 pm:

Keith, the hole size is .462 .... My guess, and it's a guess, that the tabs wouldn't be bent to the nut, as that would make the nut very hard or maybe impossible to remove. I always thought perhaps the tabs would be bent to the side of the top iron, although i have never tried it. They are very tough little springs, and it would amaze me if the tabs were soft enough to bend easily. I sure could be wrong on all counts, though. It wouldn't be the first time.

I had these in a drawer for years and never knew what they were, until i saw Don Lang selling them on ebay, as top bow nut springs. By the way, i only have 3 pair left.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 10:35 pm:

I had a pair of these on my 09 when I removed the top for restoration. Sure enough, the tabs were bent out over the nut. It was a challenge to get the tabs bent back in order to remove the bow nut, but I guess that was the purpose...prevent the nut from easily coming off. Very cool little accessory item that actually works. Regards, Mike.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration