For sale: Heinze coil box with coils, late 1911

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale: Heinze coil box with coils, late 1911
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:23 am:

Heinze coil box and coils without the switch, brackets or latches. The coils are the type with the horizontal grooves and eight screws holding the top plate. They are listed in the late Dec 1911 parts catalogue and are Ford's first catalogue reference to Heinze coils. Used for less than a year, this style of tongue and groove construction insures the coils will stay secure in the box. Over the years I pickup up every one I found. The box has been refinished but it original and come with the original porcelains and thumb nuts. The switch, brackets and latches can be purchased new. Price for the box and the four coils that came with it is $450 plus shipping. Also pictured are three spare coils. $75 each. If someone purchases the box and all coils, the price is $600

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Saturday, May 03, 2014 - 11:26 am:

More photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 01:11 pm:

The spare coils are spoken for. The box and the coils that came with it are still available.
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 10:29 am:

Richard, is the lid on backwards in the above photo?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Baker on Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:42 pm:

Richard,

I do not want to steal your post, I have box rougher than yours but do have a very nice original switch, key and latches, if your box finds a new home , I can help with the missing items.

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould on Tuesday, May 06, 2014 - 03:05 pm:

Yes, Larry the lid is on backwards. It should slope up towards the firewall. Didn't see it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration