Wanted: Watts Clutch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Watts Clutch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:12 am:

Hi there. Anybody have a Watts clutch set they want to sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 10:55 am:

I was unable to find one when I advertised a couple of months ago. I did find out that the Watts parts and manufacturing stuff was sold to some guy in the mid west.

For some reason he has decided to try and improve the already excellent clutch by reinventing it with a different lining or so I have read on this site. I saw where he was looking for test cars to try his improved clutch. I sent him an email but got no response. At that time my 1912 torpedo was apart and I would have been happy to be a test bench, but with no response I can only assume that this is now a lost cause. That's too bad as the Watts clutch was a time proven excellent addition to the model t world. I ended up installing the Lang's hydra-matic clutch and not sure how these units will work.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 11:48 am:

RV Anderson is making the new ones, I have an email out to him but have not heard back either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 01:47 pm:

I'm guess they are not for sale yet as he never bothered to answer his emails. Guess he's not interested in selling anything. I even left him my cell phone to call me direct and discuss, no phone call ether.

At least at Lang's they answered the phone and shipped the same day. The hydro clutches are installed and will be running next week. Would have preferred the Watt's clutch because I have used them in the past and never had an issue.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 04:22 pm:

I've had a lot of dealings with RV and they've all been good....from rebuilding coil rings, rebuilding JB coils, to buying and selling parts.... I can't answer for why he's not responding, but I do know they'll be good when they are ready. If I can't locate a set of Watts I'll probably just wait.

So back on topic.... Does anybody have a Watts set they can sell?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 07:23 pm:

Having a new answering machine with the "delete" button in the same spot as the old one's "re-play" button has cause me to miss some calls and caused some headaches. I always try to get back to folks as soon as I'm able. I am unaware of anyone's email to which I have not responded, but I guess things happen and it's possible. If I haven't responded to anyone's call or email, I didn't do it on purpose and I apologize.

The new Watts should be ready at or near the end of this month. A well known T man has offered to do some serious dyno testing but he isn't yet able to accommodate the project.

Gary, I have sent you a PM about the Watts and your other question.

Brass car guy, I can't email you as I don't have your address, but I will, if you can send it to me.

rvmodelt@netsync.net

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration