Misc parts 2for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Misc parts 2for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:29 am:

Misc 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 12:11 pm:

Tim - Could you please tell us what the bolt in the lower right corner marked NRS Ford is for?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 01:03 pm:

Tim I would like to buy the top buckle with the hook. Pls email my details. Thanks. Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 02:20 pm:

keith, that is an N, R, or S (1906,7,8)tie rod bolt. tape is wrapped around the wear surface. nice item, and they will usually jump out at you when you see a pile of parts, because of the novel way FoMoCo used to lock nuts. they had a thin slice in them, and thought it would keep from working loose.......i'll see if i can add a picture of the special nut on many NRS parts.

joseph, please use my email shown on the paper, tmorsher@icloud.com, as i cannot figure out that private message thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 02:30 pm:

N,r,s locknut detail. I should add the one next to it has a brass manhole oiler. Thanks for questions !Nut detail

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 02:54 pm:

Thanks for the info Tim.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph A. Stearns on Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 05:31 pm:

Tim, buy the way is the top buckle brass? Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 01:59 pm:

Tim,

Another distinguishing characteristic of the NRS right side tie rod bolt is the use of course threads. With few exceptions, NRS cars used USS course threads in most applications. With few exceptions, Model Ts used SAE fine threads in most applications.

Bit of advice: Never chase the threads of an NRS bolt before checking it with a thread gage. There were three different threads used on 3/8 NRS fasteners and fittings: 27, 24, 20 and 16. The 3/8X20 is the one I found out about the hard way.

Respectfully Submitted,

Trent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 11:12 pm:

thanks Trent, good tips. One of the neatest aspects of the pre-T fords is their handcrafted features such as that. Odd sized nuts, bolts, threads, etc. Pieces and parts finished on a workbench vise in front of the chassis perched on sawhorses. An amazing time in America.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration