FS- Stevens Front Axle Tool Tooling

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS- Stevens Front Axle Tool Tooling
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 04, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

I make the tooling for the Stevens Front axle tool. I make the Upper Tapered Reamer and the bottom Reamer/Tap. I also make the top and bottom inserts.
Bottom-Reamer/Tap
Top- Tapered reamer
Bottom-Insert
Top- Insert

Prices are as follows
Bottom-Reamer/Tap $150.00 each
Top-Tapered Reamer $210.00 each
Bottom-Inserts $5.50 each
Top-Inserts $3.50 each

All are + shipping. PM me for more info. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 05, 2016 - 04:58 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Thursday, July 07, 2016 - 10:34 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 08, 2016 - 03:37 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 05:41 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 05:59 pm:

Dan, do you have a minimum order size for the inserts ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

Ed No, as many or a few as you want. PM me Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

I just used the Stevens axle tools on two Dodge Bros. axles. They turned out as good as new. My original Stevens tap and reamer are in need of sharpening. Sooooo, I ordered a new tap and reamer from Dan. I think they will work better. I hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, July 10, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Don: As we talked my tapered reamers are 1/4" longer than the Stevens reamer. This is so you can sharpen them. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles W. Little South Paris, Maine on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 10:26 am:

Dan, are you going to the Auburn tour? or do you go to Hershey?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 04:02 pm:

Hope to be at Hershey. Pm me Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Gilbert on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

Mr. Hatch I would like to purchase a tap and reamer from you and also the instructions for the stevens fixture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Bud: Check your email. Thanks, Dan/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Monday, July 11, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Dan, my reamer is long enough that I think it will sharpen. Just have to find a place that will do it. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, July 22, 2016 - 12:47 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 06:18 am:

BTT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 08:16 am:

I really can tell you how good the quality of these tools are. I ended up buying the fixture from Jack & from Dan the reamer tap, the repair cones & threaded sleeves. The initial cost for everything is some what expensive but compared to what could happen if you were driving your car with wallowed out holes, worn out kingpins & an axle with worn out threads that really change the geometry of your steering you'll find this tool system is just a must. The down side is that once your model t friends know you have the set up you will be getting calls. I promise. I like using my T with confidence that I've done everything to increase the safety and the reliability of my car by bringing it back to the standards that made the model T the car that changed the world. Thanks Jack & Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 12:08 pm:

Dan,

Do you split the tapered inserts?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, August 01, 2016 - 02:14 pm:

Jerry: I do when I install them. I do not make them that way, one more process adds cost. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 04:32 pm:

O.K., Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Question: what is the purpose of splitting the top insert ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Steve: The upper bushing will tighten up and grip the king pin. Like a taper-lock bushing in a pulley. This helps insure the king pin will not move. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, August 03, 2016 - 11:03 am:

Thanks !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, August 12, 2016 - 05:06 am:

BBBBUMP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, August 22, 2016 - 04:26 pm:

bbbbump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Got some more reamers. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 04:24 am:

BUMP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 04:41 am:

I will have these at Chickasha. EAST side, rear corner of the South Building. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

Bump to top, or as the younger set says BTT

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration