I want To Buy This Wrench

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: I want To Buy This Wrench
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:17 pm:

I want to buy the wrench pictured here. I believe it's for turning the nut that adjusts the tension on the transmission band springs.

Please e-mail me a picture or two of yours, it's condition, how much you'd like for it, and your address.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:18 pm:

Wrench P/N is 3Z-2034

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

Bill I have one. Do you want Ford script or no Ford Script? Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

This is a right handy little gadget. Much easier to use that the more common T-1917 wrench. Sometimes you find it with a large hex hole at the other end to fit the big nut when you adjust the low band. There's also one listed as 5Z-829 with ratchets at both ends.

(Message edited by steve_jelf_parkerfield_ks on September 12, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 03:06 pm:

If you're going to Hershey they'll be plenty of them cheap!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 04:44 pm:

They are also available new for some modern application. But not cheap, I am sure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, September 12, 2016 - 04:47 pm:

Glen, I sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 12:28 pm:

I've yet to see one with a ratchet at both ends, but I have seen them with a ratchet on one end, and the 15/16" box end on the other.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 13, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Yep, I haven't seen the double ratchet either, but the 8-5-28 parts book shows it on Page 42.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 08:23 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 08:42 am:

Bill, I have about 10 of them. If you don't find one let me know. I have both the ones with only a ratchet on one end and the ones with a 5/16 on the other end. There is a third type that I have always wanted but never found is one with the ratchet on one end the 5/16 end and a third slot with 1/2 inch opening for the 1/2 inch end of the low band adjusting screw. I see them once in awhile but never for sale. In other words the wrench that I have always wanted has the ratchet on one end and a 5/16" and a 1/2 slot on the other end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 09:56 am:

There were also aftermarket ratchet band wrenches which are the same, in case you don't have your heart set on a Ford Z factory issue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 11:21 am:

Steve -

I think the wrench shown on page 42 of the 8-5-28 price list of parts only has the ratchet on one end even though it is listed as a double end ratchet wrench on page 41. The image is quite small and could lead one to believe that there is a ratchet on both ends.

I've never seen one with a ratchet on each end, either. If someone has one of these rare birds, please post an image.

5Z-829-1

5Z-829-2

5Z-829-3

5Z-829-4

(Message edited by fordfarm on October 27, 2016)

(Message edited by fordfarm on October 27, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:44 am:

This is the wrench that Dave Huson spoke about in his post above.

It has the usual 11/16 ratchet for the band nut, the 15/16 box for the nut on the low speed adjuster, a 1/2 inch slot for the wrench flats on that low speed adjuster, and a flattened end to fit into the slots of the screws in the transmission cover door. One tool to do it all. Made by Pep Manufacturing Company in New York City.

Note the incorrect usage of the apostrophe.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Now that's a great wrench !

Bill Everett - did you acquire the wrench you were seeking ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Here is a good deal on the double end ratchet wrench and also includes the generator brush wrench. Seems to be a good "buy it now" price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-FORD-MODEL-T-5-Z-829-Ratchet-Wrench-and-a-5-Z-80 6-open-end-wrench-/291921939118?hash=item43f7e74aae:g:2roAAOSwx2dYDsZS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 11:38 pm:

Steve, not yet. I'm Hoping Dave Huson has one he'll want to sell; I see him tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:27 am:

Bill I will sell one, I don't know why I pick one up every time I see one. I got another the other day in the bottom of a box of other T parts that I bought.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

Did someone here get the two wrenches I posted the link to, in the above post.? It sold less than 2 hours after I posted the link... Just wondering ... It seemed like a good deal to me ... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 04:40 pm:

Yes I Did, Thank You.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration