FS Pair of 30x3.5 Simplex Wire Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Pair of 30x3.5 Simplex Wire Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

I will admit I know very little on accessory wire wheels. I was told these were Simplex 30x3.5 rears, and based off some quick google searching I believe they are, so please double check for yourself. They seem fairly decent, the simplex covers are missing, and I dont know how they come apart, and I dont think the last person to play with them decades ago did either. The rims are decent, there are no razor sharp edges, but they do need some work on them to keep from cutting the tire bead. There is some dents in the edges that need fixed. The edges need filed down a bit too. There is one missing spoke that has broken out. Thats all I know about these from looking at them. I do not know how rare the Simplex wheels are, or how desirable. I do not want to sell my self short with these (nor can I afford to), so please correct me if I am wrong in my price with some similar examples sold. I am easy to work with.

I think I can pack these up individually and ship, I would prefer a pick up though, and at the moment I have no idea if I am able to make it to Hershey this year. I can make it up to the Franklin County Machinery show in Brookville, IN next week for those of you in the Indiana - Ohio area. I can meet an hour away too.

Asking $900 for the pair. Check (7 day clear time) or USPS money Order (no clear time) only.

More pics at the bottom in a second post. They wouldnt load the first time.

(Message edited by benji on September 18, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, September 18, 2016 - 09:15 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Monday, September 19, 2016 - 10:08 am:

If anyone is interested in how the center hubs are removed and come apart, please PM me. I have a set of 5 of these that I had rebuilt at Dayton Wire Wheel, and had an interesting time learning about them. You'll need a special tool to get them out without damaging them (I had to have a tool made). Also, you'll need the special wheel hubs that these mount with. The wheel hubs for the rear mount to the brake drum, like standard hubs, and the fronts are one-piece that mount over the spindles. Both fronts and rears have large V notches that match-up with V shaped keys inside the Simplex wheel, allowing the wheel itself to be mounted front or rear (all the wheels are the same, it's the wheel hubs that are specific for front or rear).

Front

Inside wheel from front

Inside wheel from back

Center hub

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

Thanks for the info Dave. It looks like someone tried to get them apart, but luckily the hubs and drums still look intact.

How much do these normally go for in the condition of mine? Trying to make a bit extra for hershey, and I am not going to use them.

still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Tuesday, September 20, 2016 - 05:46 pm:

I really don't know, as I didn't buy mine. They were on my Speedster when I got it, and on it before that since 1927.

If you look on the inside of where the spokes attach to the front of the wheel, somewhere around the perimeter you'll find a slotted set screw that hold the hubs in place.

Then you'll need a tool with two protruding tabs that fit into the small slots on the edge of the hub. The hubs turn out with left-hand threads.

Good luck!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, September 27, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

Still for sale. Make reasonable offer??

Im probably going to Hershey, so I can bring it along to meet up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, October 03, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Can bring to hershey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

Still have these, $500 for the pair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 01:42 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Thursday, December 15, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

Offers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Friday, December 16, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Barker - Dayton, OH on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 03:42 am:

What's your bottom $ offer? I'm interested, but don't have much now due to "holiday spending".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, December 19, 2016 - 03:17 am:

Anyone interested at $400? They do have the hubs with them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 09:35 pm:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 12:48 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

$300??

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration