Battery Box

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Battery Box
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:50 am:

I just had another run of LOWER battery boxes made. Two are spoken for, from last time. I have seven. Should be able to ship before Hershey. If not, after Hershey. I will need a complete mailing address. When I ship, that will be your invoice, since the cost varies to different parts of the country. The price is $40.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Spaziano, Bellflower, CA. on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Larry,

Please put my name on one. I'll bring the cash by your place a week from tomorrow, if that's o.k. with you.

Thanks,
Mike.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Anziani on Thursday, September 22, 2016 - 10:38 pm:

Larry, I'll take one as well. Sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, September 24, 2016 - 12:17 am:

Thanks everyone! All the battery boxes have been sold, in 24 hours too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Stinchcomb, Trumbull, CT on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 07:45 am:

Larry

If you decide to make more of the battery boxes, I'd like to buy one.

My contact is:
Rich Stinchcomb
rstinchcomb(AT)gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 02:33 pm:

You can put my name on the list too Larry. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Henrichs on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 04:30 pm:

I would like one also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Guys: I appreciate the kindness! I never thought I'd see this kind of response! I'll try to get another run made soon, but it might not be until the first of the year. It's amazing to see what has happened with these, but they are exactly like Ford made them. Maybe that's the reason? Hint? Perhaps who ever made the incorrect tops for the current ones, can re-tool and do it right this time!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Trent Boggess on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

Larry Smith's Battery Boxes

I was intrigued when I first saw Larry's battery boxes, but procrastinated too long and missed out on the first run. When I saw him announce the second run, I sent in my order right away. The box arrived at the end of the week, and I dug out my NOS genuine Ford battery case and my Genuine Ford NOS battery box top. As advertised, every thing fitted together like it was suppose to. Here are some pictures:

The first photo shows a side view of the assembly together.

batterybox1

The second picture shows the wooden battery case with its Ford script.

batterybox2

The third photo shows the handle on the end of the box. Larry has mentioned the the box cover actually rests on this cover, and the battery hold down clamps also rest on these handles over the cover.

batterybox3

The next photo shows the end of the box with the battery case in the box. It is a perfect fit.

batterybox4

The next two photos show the battery box cover, both top and bottom.

batterybox5

batterybox6

If you look carefully at the last photo you will notice two little tabs bent over, one on each side. When the cover is on, these two tabs actually rest on the wooden sides of the battery case. The rectangular hole in one side of the cover is for the ground strap. The round cutout on one end of the cover is for the positive lead from the battery to the starter switch.

The door on the top of the cover allows access to the three wet cells of the battery.

Respectfully submitted,

Trent Boggess

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Trent, thanks for posting the pictures. Nice to see how a proper battery box goes together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Stinchcomb, Trumbull, CT on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Larry

Do you think you'll make any more of these battery boxes?

Regards
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Trent: Thanks for the kind words! I don't make parts that are not correct. Note the lid for Trent's box is the second style with the square corners, and was used from 1925-1927. The 1924 and earlier lids have rounded corners. When using a modern battery in a battery box, you must make handles to rest on you modern battery to support the lid properly. It is quite easy to do, especially if you have an original wood battery case to go by. I'll probably make another run of these bottoms in the next few months. I'll post an ad when that happens.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration