It's a guy thing, girls just don't get it !!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: It's a guy thing, girls just don't get it !!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 11:05 pm:

Every year about this time all the guys are ricocheting off the clouds with excitement bout' going to Hershey. I'd give anything to be able to relive those days. Medical issues, a lot of pain but I'm working on it. I envy each an everyone of you guys that are going.

The other reason for this thread. I'm looking for a (complete) Sportlite for my 1931 Model "A" Roadster (passenger side). If I'm lucky maybe the windshield stanchion bracket for the right side. Pictures, please state condition and price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Friday, September 30, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

http://worcester.craigslist.org/atq/5773505321.html

Would this fit the bill? It's not particularly local to me, if they would ship it might be an option for you. I happened to see it tonight while cruising for parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:41 am:

Won't work Zack but thanks for responding. I know there's got to be Model "A" Sportlites going to Hershey but not having any luck !!! Hershey was mega-huge back 40+ years ago and it's got to be super-super mega huge now. Some of the guys I went with now have died, others in elec. wheel chairs, in their mid to late 70's now. Go with a bunch a guys in a motorhome and what one doesn't think of the other will !!! Laugh so hard your guts ache, cheek bones ache and your eyes constantly teared up. Tons'n tons of BS an never a harsh word (unless ya woke up in the morning with someone's stinky feet in your face). Geeeez I sure miss it !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 09:52 am:

I've got a pair of combat boots that are about to be retired. They smell atrocious.

Give me your address and I'll send them to you to help you remember those good times.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Saturday, October 01, 2016 - 04:27 pm:

Hey Burger, ahh YUK jeeeze loueeze, sure I miss those "good ol' days" but not the limburger cheese breath from breath'n someone's rooten feet all night !!! That 32' Winnebago was just too small for 5 guys and nobody was going to double up. The expression "what goes on in Hershey, STAYS IN HERSHEY" wasn't heard of way back then !!! Please, please keep your stink'n combat boots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 01:35 am:

Yee-haw ! You got it, John. I'll give them a proper cremation and burial.

Tent 15 was the infamous billeting scunge hole of the earth whenever one
processed in or out of Kandahar during my 3 years there. While other camps
had their hell holes of similar ill repute, Tent 15 was an enormous circus tent
where a guy could bunk up with 300 of his closest friends. The place reeked
like a bag of buttholes and 3 tons of rotting gym socks. I became intimately
familiar with the place my first day on base pulling security, and after a few stays
over the next two years, it was my pleasure to tear it down. The Tent 15 sign
hangs on the wall of my shop as my own personal reminder of "good times" ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:06 am:

Been there, done that somewhat !!! We were lucky to have a tent, usually on the move. I was a radio operator, forward observer for a artillery battery on/near the DMZ in VN. Everyday was a challenge to stay alive, constantly wet during the monsoon season and taking care of your feet was a top priority. Those Burger WERE NOT "the good ol' days", fast forward now 8-10 years. Get 5-6 buddies in a small motorhome that loved antique/classic cars, now that was "the good ol' days". Fortunately we parked the motorhome near shower stalls, thank you lord Jesus for that !!! There are a couple left that still make the trip an seems just as exciting as the first. You bet I miss it, smelly feet an all, now a new generation of "car guys" will have a lot of lasting memories. Take care my new friend, Semper Fi

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:09 am:

Still looking for that Sportlite for my 31' Roadster, the thread got a little side tracked, but it was fun !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, October 02, 2016 - 11:23 am:

Manufacturer for the Sportlite I'm looking for was UNITY. And yes I've tried the "A" guys, I know they're out there but just not having any luck right now. Not desperate, just would like to put dual spotlites on a Deluxe Roadster with a SS bank account !!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration