Accessory Stromberg carb and manifold For Sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Accessory Stromberg carb and manifold For Sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Tuesday, October 04, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Very nice condition may be NOS, $375 domestic shipping $15

a

b

c

d

e

f

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:14 am:

Uncle Stan,

Do you have one of these? Looks like it says Stromberg No.3. It seems quite complex, it must be an early accessory, or maybe pre-dates the Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:21 am:

I have probably half a dozen on those carbs, they were used on tons of early cars. As you can imagine, people loved that heavy glass bowl where they could see fuel level, water and junk in the fuel. I had a new old stock one that is now on an early Knox in New York. It apparently had the gasket robbed from the bottom of the fuel bowl years ago and just never got a new gasket and sold. It ran very well and was the correct original carb for the Knox. The interesting part of this one is the manifold with the throttle in the manifold instead of the carb throat where most of them are. I've not seen this setup before and it would look good on a shelf in my collection but I have more important things to spend money on than another carb on the shelf. It would have to be for a very early T, I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 11:31 am:

Spoken for
Thanks to MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

I have one identical to it, I believe it is NOS. It appears to be a similar concept as Various size Schebler carbs of the early brass era. Very complex. I am going to try this on my '10 and see how it works. It should polish up and look impressive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 09:47 pm:

They are actually pretty simple. Typical air valve type carb. The large adjustment on the left is for the air valve above. There is no other adjustment that I can recall.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration