Information ???

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Information ???
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:12 pm:

I know some of you have other old cars and trucks as I do . Is there any place I can get info on complete instructions on building a 29 Chevy truck ? I have a chance to purchase one that is rust free with all new wood in cab, drive train is 95% done, engine and tranny rebuilt, tires good . New bed with wood installed , new radiator . All parts to finish except hoses and belts. Box after box of extra parts. All sheet metal is in primer . All glass , seats are done. Cab and bed are bolted on frame. The cab metal needs the nails finished and top material . A lot of little weather strips and seals that need installed . I don't know what it's worth now and finished? Any info would be great.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:14 pm:

Sorry ! Should be on forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:53 pm:

Amazon has one shop manual left for about $20 including shipping. There is a wealth of information on line. Google 1929 chevrolet truck manual.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:55 pm:

Thanks Ted ill try that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, October 05, 2016 - 10:58 pm:

Dallas, I've bought/sold/restored a lot of cars/trucks in my time, mostly Fords in the 20's-30's. Always made money, it was a large and profitable market. Then I bought out a estate which included a Chev 26' 1 ton and Chev 27' tudor sedan, they were in excellent original condition. It took like forever before I got my money out of them (broke even), NEVER AGAIN !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 01:15 am:

Dallas, Try contacting the Vintage Chevrolet Club online, they cover all years of stock Chevrolets. For old Chevy parts try, The Filling Station, in Lebanon Or. The 1929 Chevy was the first year of the 194 CID 6 cy engine. As with all old cars & trucks it is hard to say what it is worth but the VCC should be able to give you some contacts in your area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 02:58 am:

http://vcca.org/forum/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 06:31 am:

Thanks guys
I had a 27 Chevy roadster in early 90's . Difficult to find info about parts. That was before I even had a computer. Finding someone with knowledge about them was even harder. I wondered if the interweb changed that. The guy wants 2K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harvey Cash - Winnemucca Nevada on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 08:11 am:

Dallas, It sounds like for 2K you couldn't go wrong if all of the work you mentioned has already been done. Just my thoughts on the subject. Harv.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 09:55 am:

Harv
I know I could make a little money if I just bought it , bolted it together and sold it running . It is to nice to 1/2 way it. Knowledge is needed to do it right and that I don't have. I will be bolting some really nice wood wheels on my T this weekend that I got from a nice guy out west !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 03:28 pm:

Dallas, The price of 2K doesn't sound bad if it has a good title. Is it a pickup or a ton truck? A pickup would be easier to sell. As a resale truck, unless you can do your own final paint work you would probably come out better $$ wise just getting it running. The 1929 Chevy, even a very high grade restoration is not a highly sought out or high dollar vehicle. If you get more than 5K-6K more $$ in it, getting back to zero could be hard, unless you want to keep it for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 07:39 pm:

It's a pickup .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration