WTB 23-25 Roadster, Touring Steel Cowl, Pillar Brackets

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 23-25 Roadster, Touring Steel Cowl, Pillar Brackets
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 11:54 am:

Need both the left and right side steel pillar brackets. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 12:12 pm:

That looks like a low cowl with a steel firewall which would make it a 1923.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 03:03 pm:

Joe there are changes during 23 24 and 25. I have those pieces but need to know what you are really needing. First make sure you have a high firewall. Then are you wanting just the top pieces. There is a long one on driver side and a short one on passenger side. In your second photo you show a steel door post. That indicates 1925 (maybe some 24s) So are you needing the 25 style parts that use very little wood to form the cowl, or the 23-24 style that uses quite a bit of wood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

it's a high firewall, but it makes no difference to me whether it's correct for 1923-24 or 25, just so I can get the body put together. With that said and so I know in the future, what is needed to make it correct for 23-24 versus 25 as far as these steel brackets? I should have mentioned the pictures I used are from earlier posts on this site and were meant for reference. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:50 pm:

Joe - here are some photos that I have collected from the forum that would help clarify it.

My understanding is that the first two photos for the low cowl are only for the steel firewall which was only for 1923's. The other two photos are for a 1924 high cowl (sometimes also referred to as a late 23). The 24 has wood top front rails so the brackets are shorter. The 23 has wood pieces that attach to the side of the top front rails but they are basically just to attach the kick panels. I don't know why Henry switched from the steel top front rails back to wood because in 1925 the top front rails as well as the front pillars were changed to steel.

Your second photo actually looks like it is for a 1925 since it has a steel pillar. 1923 as well as 1924 had wood pillars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 05:53 pm:

Just to clarify - the labels in the third and fourth photos are not correct as the 1925 did not use those brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 06:47 pm:

Thomas, Those are photos I posted sometime back. I was not familiar with the 25 being different at the time and those two labels should not include 25 models. Here is a pic of a rough 25 cowl area that I have kept for reference (I got it after the pictures above were posted). Note that it has the 25 style door hinge. By 25 it seems most of the wood in the cowl was switched to steel.

25 style

25 style 2

Here are a couple pics of the three styles. The short one is 23-24 high steel firewall. The longer black painted ones are probably low steel firewall, as Thomas mentioned, but could have been used with late wood firewalls. I am not sure enough to say one way or the other. Then the rough assembly is 25.

Joe, here are the parts I have for sale. You more than likely need the 2 shorter pieces as they are 23-24 high steel firewall style. They are 45.00 for the pair plus postage. If you are interested send me a e-mail to dobro (at) artelco.com with your address and Ill figure postage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:25 pm:

Fantastic, thanks for the great help. One question, does the left side of the 25 look like the picture I posted above or something different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 08:46 pm:

Joe, I am not sure what the one is you posted. It is labeled on the wood piece "L Cowl" (low cowl .??). But there is a definite difference to the angle and curve of the slope of the parts as to high cowl vs low cowl. I can not say for sure from just looking at the pic. But a 25 should also have a steel front pillar, similar to what is attached to the assembly I show for the passenger side. Because the 25 uses a steel front pilar/vs wood pillar the lengths are also different. The transitional bodies of late 22 to 25 are a bear to figure out. But with out the two steel front pillars, you will probably need to build as a 23-24 style high cowl, and use the style of the two shorter pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Andulics on Sunday, October 09, 2016 - 09:09 pm:

Thanks, emailed you my ship to address. Joe

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration