Old Photo - When Auto Camping Relatives Come To Visit

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Old Photo - When Auto Camping Relatives Come To Visit
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 03:08 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 05:16 pm:

Good Times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

Great times and the price had to beat these new campers. New tow behind trailers are $15k to $100k. We got a decent deal on our new camper 2016. It's just us now. I didn't have to have the extra bedding for all the kids they have finally started growing up and have their own lives. You have worries when family shows up in your front yard with a camper!!😂

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:35 am:

As a kid, my paternal grandparents kept a meticulous yard. Grandpa loved his flowers and
sculpted shrubs. The other grandparents weren't so fussy, but had a nice enough yard, but I
remember LOTS of people of their generation that had no use for "landscaping" or lawns or
LAWNMOWERS ! They had barren yards, much like this one. Bare dirt or weeds, mostly kept
down by goats or horses. But the key point is that they had no use for "nice" yards. That kind
of foolishness was just that. A lot of maintenance and they could not give a hoot about what
some over fussy people might think.

Let the visiting family camp in the yard ! They might just tramp down the weeds ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 04:17 am:

Interesting. Look at the man sitting in the chair in the top photo. See the knob and tube wiring behind him. I'm not familiar with seeing that on the outside of a building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:20 am:

I love the dog in the top picture very content just to lay his or hers head on the mans knee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:40 pm:

I noticed the dog too. English setter perhaps? I bet it saw plenty of quail and pheasants in its day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 05:11 pm:

The dog is a French spaniel. My brother in law have one like this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:45 pm:

Regarding the exposed wiring, ... this example is oddly configured, leaving me wondering
if it isn't something like a radio antenna or lead ??? Radio rapidly became all the rage in the
1920's, and like many new technologies, "Farmer Brown" often used creative "home cooked"
ideas to make something work on the cheap with materials he had on hand.

That said, .... in the early days of electric lighting (appliances, as we know them, really did
not exist, or were very uncommon), electric wiring was PURPOSELY installed where everyone
could see it, as it was something to be proud of. Most wiring was retrofit anyway, so it was
just easier to nail it on the surface walls that to open them up to hide it. Burying the wiring in
the walls as a normal course of business occurred a little later on when electric lighting became
less of a novelty.

I have wired my entire shop as surface mount open wire. The City inspector LOVES me !

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration