Wanted Ruckstell for my 23 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted Ruckstell for my 23 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Stevens on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

I am looking to buy a Ruckstell for my 23 roadster. I'm located in Western Oregon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:13 pm:

Get a large drum unit. It fits nicely and you will have real emergency brakes that work if advertently your Ruckstell goes into neutral.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, October 11, 2016 - 11:34 pm:

I have a large drum Ruckstell I will be selling in the near future for $950 shipping extra.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Stevens on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

I am new to Model T's. And I've got the bug bad I think. A lot to learn. This old girl is a stock 23 with Rocky Mountain brakes. Will the brakes fit the large drum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 01:27 pm:

If you have a stock '23 small drum axle with the large extra drums for the Rocky Mountains, then unfortunately you can't use your present rocky's on a large drum Ruckstell - the extra drum Rockys for small drum axles has larger diameter than the regular '267'27 large drums.

But it'll be easy to swap or sell your Rockies to get funds for the proper '26/'27 style that uses the Ford drums.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Wednesday, October 12, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

If your 1923 T has a small drum rear axle with the pre 1926 style large drum Rocky Mountain brakes then you can get a small drum Ruckstell and use your Rocky Mountain brakes on it. Or get a small drum Ruckstell kit from Chaffin's to convert your rear axle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lance Stevens on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:27 am:

What a great resource you all are. thank you for your help and valuable advice. Lance

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration