FS pair of rear shocks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS pair of rear shocks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 05:31 am:

Super nice set or rear tube shocks. Look to be NOS no wear marks. One tube has a couple of small dents. $250.00
Tom 248 227 1008Pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 01:25 pm:

Just courious....
So, what is typically inside there? I assume no pneumatics?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 02:51 pm:

Dennis,

Coil springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 03:00 pm:

Very good ... thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 04:51 pm:

Tom, Do you think they would work with AC brakes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Will - the shocks are essentially upside down in the picture. They replace the stock spring perches. The bolt sticking off to the side gets mounted where the original spring perch was located, the tube section is then pointed up, and then your shackle bolts to the eye hanging down from the tube.

If you can visualize how they mount you'll see that they would not interfere with AC brakes as they will be either inboard or above any part of the AC brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 06:19 pm:

I have a set of KW shocks (almost identical) on my 1911 speedster and they do not interfere with the AC brakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

spring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 11:28 pm:

There is a big spring inside the tube like the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Plymouth, Mi on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 07:42 am:

Very tempted...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

First $200

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

Tom I will take them. What is shipping to 91016?

Thanks
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark finley on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:30 pm:

Nice Shocks.
Are they still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:58 pm:

Mark I am just waiting for Tom to get back to me. The shocks should be sold at this point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Butterworth on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Sold to Chris Thank you
Tom

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration