Lead-the whereabouts of an A. L. Dykes Automobile and Gas Engine Encyclopedia

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Lead-the whereabouts of an A. L. Dykes Automobile and Gas Engine Encyclopedia
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Eviston on Thursday, October 13, 2016 - 06:51 pm:

Hyde Brothers Booksellers in Ft.Wayne,Indiana has a 1936 last copyright date for $25.00 + postage . Still has T information. A wealth of mechanical knowledge. 260.424.0197.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron MacDonald on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

I found an original Dykes 1915 at Stowe and the fellow wouldn't budge off $150.00. He stated the obvious, "try to find another one". As it were the gauntlet was so thrown. I bought a copy of Dykes from 1915 from Amazon books. They have reprinted same and its readily available for a reasonable price. I'm not a book collector but Dykes is the best friend if you need a workshop manual. No T guy should be without one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

Have several from the model T Era any interest shoot me a message I dig them out for the priming date

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 07:41 pm:

They show up on T-bay often. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

You can read them for FREE at books.google.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 08:35 pm:

The last one I got was 2 years ago at a garage sale with 4 other hard back books for 5.00, it did have a broken spine so it will become a garage book but can't beat the price.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration