Running engine Make Offer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Running engine Make Offer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 02:41 pm:

Running engine alum. pistons. Unknown engine #. At some point in time, it was tried to become a 1911, #s where messed with. 3 rivet narrow nose pan, brass fan hub, dog leg intake manifold, Ford scrip trans. cover. Great engine for speeder project or spare for your car. Make offer located in Southern Ca. email bill7472@aceweb.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

Price?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Friday, October 14, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Mark, it is a make offer price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:44 am:

I'll bite, $50. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul wilcox germantown wi on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:37 am:

I'll do $75 l need a road trip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

$100 and I'm only a few miles away! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

$175.00 . Easy pick up. Live in Rancho Cucamonga

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 01:09 pm:

$200.00 I do not Know how fast I can pickup, but pay in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 01:58 pm:

Okay $275.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 02:23 pm:

I hate being broke. It would be worth the drive and twice that to me. Maybe even more, but I would have to look it over first. I didn't wind up broke because I was throwing money around. I am part Scottish after all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Thanks Wayne, As you know just the 09-10 intake manifold is worth $275.00. Let me know when you are coming down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 04:45 pm:

Bill - Start the bidding at $3k. Don't let them cheat you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

Thanks Tim, some of them are my friends...I think.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

To rebuild a motor just to get it running with aluminum pistons, new babbit on the mains, new valves, transmission bushings you are talking $2,000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 08:10 pm:

For what it's worth, my little joke offer started a cycle of bumps for you. I'm quite certain that the motor is worth a minimum of $2,000.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

$400.00 Mike Husted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 10:18 pm:

$600 I can pick up in 3 weeks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Saturday, October 15, 2016 - 11:40 pm:

Just rebiult an 18 engine last year new babbit mains rods rods straighten and balanced HC pistons new ring 350 chevy valves adjustable lifters
Pan straightened tranny gone through it was well over 2k and I did 100% of the assembly work except fitting the mains
Running engine that been gone through bring about 2/3 of that and used but running engine about 1/2 that of a fresh rebiult one the early parts help that value so I say

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 09:12 am:

$2k to rebuild one?!? Try $6K and up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:22 am:

I called around to get prices on a short block . With its original crank and camshaft The price was $4000.00 It was about the same at all three places I called .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Husted on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 10:23 am:

$800.00 Mike Husted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

:-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

Try $8,500 with sleeves from Ed Stein

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 05:14 pm:

Sleeves are $100 a hole... At least they were least time I checked. I love how everyone wants to screw this guy over and get that engine for almost nothing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walter Higgins on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

It sounds like joking is being mistaken for screwing and running is assumed to mean rebuilt.

This seller is no dope. Give him a little credit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 07:19 pm:

Bill an honest standup guy if he says he doesn't know he doesnt only concern is the butchered Vin #
I done about 3 engines using early parts and 16-18 blocks all went into pre 15 cars. Only way was untouched Vin number

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 07:37 pm:

Guess we need to raise our prices huh bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 08:11 pm:

My bid was posted just joke. Make no mistake, Bill knows the value of what he has there. I just saw an opportunity to poke Bill in the ribs and I took it. He would not expect anything less from me. All joking aside, that engine has a lot of early parts and will command a much higher price over just a run of the mill later engine. Those in the know will bid accordingly if they truly want to purchase it. I'm certain of one thing, no one is going to "screw" Bill. Just ain't gonna happen. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, October 16, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

I knew others were joking, so I tossed my little crack in the ring. I, being in Northern Califunny, don't know all these people too well, but I know they mostly know each other, and I have met a couple of them before. I would expect them to joke with each other.
Just from the photos, even condition unknown, I can see about a thousand dollars worth of parts (assuming at least some of the pieces are usable, you should have seen a couple of the early pans I have already restored). And that is assuming that the block is a post-'15. I would imagine that the real value is somewhat more than that, assuming it is not fully rebuilt. (I think I just used the word "assume" more than I do in most years! I generally do not use that word, you do know how appropriately it is spelled?)
If I could afford to, I would probably be making a serious offer. My un-smiley-face was because I want to see him get some real offers and for the engine to find someone that would put it to good model T use!
And, the "in jests" do bump it to the top, and hopefully, generate some genuine interest. I do have mostly enough late brass era engine and transmission stuff for my current projects, and at least two more project piles I still have. I am glad that I bought the stuff I did when I could. But of course, I would always like to get more! (Even though I probably won't live long enough to finish all that I have!)
Drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

Tim,

Bill is no fool and most of us are aware of that. He's not bound in any way to accept any offer made here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:28 pm:

Robert W
I RECKEN SO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:43 pm:

Maybe I am missing the point. Seems to me we have an engine with a small nose pan, aluminum pistons, and aluminum transmission cover.

We don't know if it's a fresh rebuild or what shape the internals are in. Was the transmission rebuilt?

I think I would need a lot more information if I were to make a serious bid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:08 pm:

Description is there - don't read any less or more into what is stated in the ad .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 12:34 am:

Jim is correct, what Bill said is probably what he knows about it. Offer according to the info and pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

This should make someone a nice engine for an early car. Bill always has some really nice stuff.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Bohlen on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

engine sold pending

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:10 pm:

There he is! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:41 pm:

Wasn't me!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 12:05 am:

John B you need work on your quick draw

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration