Nice Ford T Pickup truck 1925 for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Nice Ford T Pickup truck 1925 for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 09:29 am:

Nice Ford T Pickup truck 1925 for sale. The truck is simply perfect and splendid. Nothing to do. Restored frame off 2 years ago. Restored Engine & transmission 1926 bolt in, new brakes, new axle, new wheels, new tires, new paint, everything was restored as is supposed to. It is simply perfect. Honestly, I never saw a better truck like this one. I have no link to the vendor except the owner is the dad of one of my best friend who is not familiar with computer. I'm just the messenger. I talked to the owner, and he would like to have 25k for it. The truck is for sales now, no advertising yet.You are the first people exposed to. Please feel free to contact me. The truck is in Canada but we could facilitate transportation upon request.

Here 3 pictures I took this year at the summer car show

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:25 am:

If the car is that perfect, why did he paint the hood sills, and the tops of the doors, and the steering wheel tan?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Hi Larry,

I thought it is his own personal taste... But as you see in the bed he add some wood in the side with a whisky barrel. The Whisky barrel is empty unfortunately, lol. It is looking cool. But As I say I do not have any sales link with the owner. I'm only the messenger helping a very nice old man. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 11:05 am:

Mario,

Don't mind Larry. He's not happy unless he can start his day finding fault with something. Just his nature to do so. While his negative comments regarding authenticity may be interest in the forum may be entertaining, they really have no place in the classified section as I'm sure most people are bright enough to decide what they want to purchase and at what price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 03:04 pm:

Very well said Mark (and you are being generous with the "may be entertaining" comment).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 03:11 pm:

The hood sills and tops of doors appear to be wood ... added or replaced, and add a bit of flair. May get 'points off' in a judged venue, but for the average Joe ... it's the cats pajamas ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 09:43 pm:

I saw the truck couple times in different tour and running really well and smooth sound.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 10:02 am:

About double the price of other one's I have noticed for sale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 12:21 pm:

I've got a $100.00 bill that says he won't get any where near 25 grand for it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

Be a little more in the ball park if it were brass.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:03 pm:

Mario,

Here is why the truck is not selling in my opinion:

You state that ...

" Honestly, I never saw a better truck like this one. "

" Restored frame off 2 years ago. Restored Engine & transmission 1926 bolt in, new brakes, new axle, new wheels, new tires, new paint, everything was restored as is supposed to.
It is simply perfect. "

So - one would expect detailed documentation of the frame off restoration including photographs & receipts.

Does that exist to be reviewed by a possible buyer ?

The truck is in Canada so are you guaranteeing it can be exported/imported with no problems ?

Not trying to beat you up here - just pointing out details that someone seriously considering buying the truck would want addressed ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 09:18 am:

Hi Jim, You highlight couple great points which I do not disagree with it. I also mentioned to the old guy about the price... but as you know I'm not the seller he's the man who fix the price and I keep my personal judgment for me. But 25 K it is a start for him, I'm just the messenger. But as I know, is a very meticulous man and he made the restoration right without any short cut. All documentation and restoration pictures could be provided upon request. For the exportation, it is no problem at all, we just need to advise the Canadian/USA border 48h in advance, the gentleman had a valid title with the truck. As I know the man bought the truck couple years ago for 10 K and he invest more than 18k on it. I forgot to mention the cushions, backrests, panel sets and the top were brand new either. As I said previously, just need to turn the key and enjoy the truck. Nothing to do. The truck is always restored inside in heating garage and the man never used if it raining outside. He take care like a baby. Hope these add details will help people making decision. I am actually restoring a 1911 touring and I had invest around 35k on it and it is not finish yet... But I have a lot brass stuff. As I know restoring in the right manner a car or a truck, it is not cheap at all. Bye the way, I saw a beautiful 1912 at Hershey, and it was a beauty which the restoration were made right. I'm very curious to see the final invoice either.

All the best,

Mario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

There are lots of NON T people that read these classifieds. My intent here is not to find fault, but to inform less knowledgeable people about issues the car may have. If a potential buyer chooses to ignore what I've pointed out, then the car is indeed splendid! Another issue with this car may be the pickup box. It appears it may have a later model box on it, but is difficult to see. A more clear view of the pickup box would be in order. Also, zinc plated rims would give the car a lot more character.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

This is how one informs? With a lead in of: "If the car is that perfect....."??!! Utter nonsense. Same "my intentions were honorable" backpedaling schtick that was pulled after recent grease cup comments on the Stynoski winner. I guess someone thinks the rest of us are fools who cannot read. Such "services" to the hobby on here are only ensuring "NON T" people remain as such. Guy posts a classified ad in an attempt to help an older gentleman who is not computer savvy and for his efforts he is rewarded with constant sniping.

Mario - it's a beautiful truck and the owner is fortunate to have a friend like you to assist him in finding it a new home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 06:42 pm:

Hi, A received a lot requested about picture on the side. Hope these pictures bellow will help. I also talked to the owner and his bottom price is 20K now. He can't go less of that and he want be sure the truck will find good home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Holmes, Mississauga, Ontario on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:19 pm:

FYI, when importing a vehicle from Canada to the U.S. The Canadian Border Authority does not need to be informed/contacted or otherwise alerted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 05:05 am:

Is that the same Larry with the real pretty "natural" finish wood spoke wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:29 am:

I reviewed the photos of this vehicle, and it appears the pickup box is indeed a 1926. I feel sorry for the owner of this pickup that he thinks it is really a 1925. It could be he was mis-informed when he bought it? Thank you Mario for being such a good sport. As far as my pickup having natural wood wheels, no mine does not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 04:20 pm:

Larry,

I don't see enough detail to tell. Is there a mismatch in the fit that is not obvious to me. Would the later box look bad or would it just be an unfortunate combination?

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Stake pocket on 25 box is in front corner. Late 26/27 is moved back for the top bows to fold down. Unless, it is a Canada thing. My Canadian 25 box is in another building and I can not look for now. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 09:13 am:

Still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

It would be interesting to see how he accommodated the slanted opening on the front panel of the bed. A '26 goes forward twice an far. As Dan pointed out, the stake pocket on a '25 was all the way to the front corner, but then, an early '26 does too, until the Ford engineers found out a stake wouldn't fit, and that is why they moved it back. I know this is being picky but if a buyer is truly interested in this pickup, he has a right to know!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration