A CRANK MOTOR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: A CRANK MOTOR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, October 17, 2016 - 05:22 pm:

1925 A CRANK CONVERSION. HAS BEEN RUN, LIGHT CARBON ON TOP OF PISTIONS. MODERN VALVES. HAS SET UNCOVERED FOR SEVERAL YEARS. NEEDS TO BE DISASSEMBLED AND CLEANED. GOOD BABBITT, RODS AND PISTONS. $1,000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

Disassembled pistons to clean out dirt and rust. Crank journals look new. all Babbitt looks new and good. Bore will need light hone to clean up. Minor work needed to make like new again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Glen, has the crank been shortened to match T length? I would be interested if I knew it wouldn't be too difficult to install in a 24 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:07 pm:

Thomas, Yes the crank shaft was professionally shortened to Model T length. I do not know when the engine was built but it was done by a professional engine builder in Apple Valley. I now have some photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:40 pm:

please post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:00 pm:

Sent PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 02:37 pm:

John, Here are the Pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

Glen, I will take it if you and I can figure out the shipping. I need the address to calculate the cost. Not sure exactly but I am guessing it is around 250 lbs. Does that sound about right? I have been resurrecting a Touring from a bunch of extra parts that my father has and it needs an engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 05:44 pm:

THOMAS, I MAY HAVE TO TAKE THE CRANK OUT TO SHIP. I WILL MAKE SURE TO LEAVE ALL OF THE SHIMS IN THE PROPER PLACE. WILL LET YOU KNOW THE SHIPPING COSTS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Thomas Jull in Oakland on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 05:49 pm:

Sounds great Glen. Take your time as there is no need to rush. I still need the transmission rebuilt before I can drop it all onto the frame.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JOHN BEVARDOS on Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:13 pm:

always a day late and a dollar short!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 12:53 pm:

Sold, Thank you. Glen

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration