Wtb HVLP paint gun

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wtb HVLP paint gun
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 08:33 am:

looking for a still good condition, quality brand, hvlp gravity paint gun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:21 am:

Consider a new, Sharpe FX 3000. They're pretty good quality, and only about a hundred bucks on Amazon or eBay. With a new gun, you're not buying someone else's poor cleaning or damage to the needle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

yeah, I bet your right Eric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 04:13 pm:

I have two of the Harbor Frt "professional" HVLP guns that cost about $70 apiece. They work surprisingly well and I paint quite a bit. I'm painting my own cranes, trucks and equipment, not cars, but they put down a nice finish for no money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

I have the HVLP HF gun and it works great. I have used it several times this last year. Seems to be worth the money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tyrone Thomas - Topeka KS on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 - 09:53 pm:

Dave, Tim, I just painted a car this past weekend. The first time I painted two stage. I did use a cheap harbor F hvlp gun to put on the color coat and did well. Used my old and trusty conventional paint gun for the clear coat. I had forgotten just how much my big gun puts out the overspray. The clear coat went on good but man did I burn through it. I bet I lost 15-20% to overspray.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bills Auto Works on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 02:13 pm:

Devilbiss sells a lower price line of guns called Finish Line. I have had good luck with them. I have some of the high end guns & there is really not that much difference until you get into candies & pearls.
Bill Squires(owner)
Bill's Auto Works
Wakeman, Ohio

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 04:53 pm:

The Harbour Freight HVLP paint guns work really well and lay down a nice finish.
The Technical school I retired from had their Auto Body students buy their HVLP paint guns from Harbour freight. They ran most all types of auto paints through them in their learning process. One of the instructors who is a classic car restorer uses them in his shop at home.
Not surprisingly the students who had the best paint jobs were the ones who cleaned their guns up well and took care of their equipment.

The students work on totaled cars, rebuild and paint them. Of course here in Texas they are sold as reconditioned and show it on the title.

The paint jobs that are put on them are second to none and look really nice.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Young in Mays Landing, NJ on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

I've got a new DeVilbiss Finish Line HVLP on a 2 quart pressure pot. I works fine , but really no different than the HF gun. I shot maybe 16 gallons of BASF Limco 3 with hardener thru the HF gun this summer and maybe 10 gallons thru the Finish Line. The Finish Line is easier to clean, and held its pattern a bit longer, but no car job is going to be counted in gallons, so it hardly matters. That gun and the electric DA sander are possibly the best two products that HF sells. I have 5 of those sanders!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Syverson on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 04:50 pm:

I have a very nice HVLP gravity gun from CA Technologies called the Jaguar 100 H that I would sell since I don't need it anymore. Check it out and let me know if you are interested. It's all together in a nice case. Also includes the 3M PPS paint prep system which enables you to spray upside down if you need to.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration