Want To Buy Wheels

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Want To Buy Wheels
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:21 am:

After listening to forum members' experiences, I made a decision on which wheels to use. Wooden spokes, non-demountable, square felloes are fine. If you have rounded felloes, they're good, too.

I want to buy one rear wheel and two front wheels like the ones shown. I intend to send them to a wheelwright, so the wood can be in poor condition, or even absent. I do need good hubs and outer rims.

I'm traveling by car this Fall from Memphis to Wichita, KS, Coeur d'Alene, ID, Sacramento, Ca, Long Beach, CA, and back to Memphis. I head out to Wichita this coming Saturday the 22nd, and will be leaving Long Beach heading home on Thursday, December 8th.

If you have one, or all, of the wheels I'm looking for, let me know and I can stop in. Please send a few pictures to me at bill.everett@epickett.com.

Thanks.

If you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:36 am:

Bill,

If you are traveling to Kansas, you could stop by Model T Haven in Iola KS. Mark has hundreds of wheels to choose from. It's a fun place to stop at even if you don't need wheels!

Here's a picture Steve Jelf posted in an older thread of some wire wheels to give you an idea of the place.

Wheels

It's from this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/331880/357069.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin C. Miller on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 11:58 am:

Do you have contact information on Model T Haven?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 12:06 pm:

They have a web site. Not a great one, but the phone number and address is there.

http://modelthaven.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

I have been there and I live in California and several years ago I stopped to see them and In my opinion if he does not have it you do not need it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 02:22 pm:

Brian, thank you.

I've sent an e-mail to them and hope to hear back.

Thanks again.

Bill Everett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 02:50 pm:

I've been to Model T Haven and bought parts from him. The prices are fair and the service excellent.

In my opinion, Model T Haven is the best single source for used Model T Parts that there is.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 05:02 pm:

Mark always has done me good.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 11:36 am:

I e-mailed Mark; I hope to hear back soon as i'm currently in Wichita.

Anyone who has a wheel, please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:09 pm:

Bill, my first time on the classifieds. Good timing I think. I have exactly what you want. 2 fronts and a rear. Round felloe, good, solid, painted gloss black, with the finish chipped up here and there. The fronts have old PJA rib tread white tires, aired up, the rear has an old universal rib tread white tire with no tube. one front has the speedometer gear in place. Price is $350.00.
Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:18 pm:

If Bill isn't interested please let me know.

Thanks,
Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:52 pm:

Bill: I have many, many wheels, Stop by and take a look. I have both square and round felloe wheels. I will try and shoot you some pictures of Just a very few that I have. I am getting so many that I don't know were to put them
Dave Huson 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont Co. 80504 Phone 303-774-9246

picture, tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:57 pm:

Bill: I have many, many wheels, Stop by and take a look. I have both square and round felloe wheels. I will try and shoot you some pictures of Just a very few that I have. I am getting so many that I don't know were to put them
Dave Huson 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont Co. 80504 Phone 303-774-9246

picture, tires

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 06:31 pm:

Ed, I sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Dave, sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Bill my CONFUSER will not send or accept emails. I don't know if I can get it to work or not. I have spent a lot of time trying to get the confuser to accept my information but I can't get it to work. I guess I am gong to call in a pro. My phone number is 303-774-9246.

picture

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration