Need to get a rear end shipped

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Need to get a rear end shipped
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hollenbaugh on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 03:53 pm:

Is anyone out there going from Stockton, Calif. to Plymouth, Indiana or somewhere reasonably close. I purchased a rear end out in Stockton and need to get it back to Indiana.
Thanks,
Jerry
574-952-4550
myclassic29@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 04:57 pm:

Try Fastenal it will have to be paletized but will ship for about 200

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 08:41 pm:

Fastenal sure has changed their price, last year I shipped a pallet of body parts for $45.00. Another guy shipped a diesel engine with tranny next to it for $65.00. Last fall I shipped one it cost $95.00. Now $200.00 Wow.

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hollenbaugh on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 01:33 am:

THANKS,I will look into Fastenal, I didn't know they are in the shipping business. I thought all they did was sell nuts and bolts.
Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:39 am:

Pat you may be right I had an early complete rear axle shipped it had to be broken down an placed in a wood box t hen put on a pallet. It was shipped from Washington to the New Orleans area. As I recall it was around 200.00 and that's what gave me pause in purchasing it but I just bit the bullet because I needed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ernie Williams on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 08:54 am:

I have used Fastenal twice with good results. Once for a set of wheels, and once for a rear end with drive shaft and radius rods. West coast to east coast for the rear end, it was just a little over $200. Any other shipping I checked was a lot more. The parts do need to be palletized, both of the folks shipping to me did a nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 11:36 am:

yellow freight on a pallet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel(Indiana Trucks)Star City In on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 02:15 pm:

Jerry,

You could save a little on shipping and just let them drop it off here in Logansport. It would cut about 40 or so miles off the trip :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Hollenbaugh on Friday, October 21, 2016 - 10:26 pm:

Bob that is funny. But you couldn't use this Columbia in your Model T.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration