Trying to find grandfathers 1926 Model TT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Trying to find grandfathers 1926 Model TT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Alexander on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 05:34 pm:

I am trying to find a 1930 Chevrolet and 1926 Model TT my grandfather sold in 1991 and also gave the trophies he had won to that person. I believe it was a funeral director that had a place in the Upper Peninsula, and had restored a cemetery and maybe a chapel. He had his deceased parents moved up to the cemetery. My grandparents were J.B. and Sarah Alexander, which lived in Warren Michigan on Studebaker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. MIchael Alexander mikealex1970@gmail.com (731)223-0114

Michael Alexander
390 Travis Rd
Martin TN 38237
(731) 223-0114
mikealex1970@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Alexander on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 06:45 am:

Got this from my Aunt Reanee Kalvinski. It would have been 1995 that I talked to him to try and buy the car back. J.B. had told me he was a funeral director in Birmingham and I don't remember how I got his name and number. Maybe Sarah gave it to me. But I called him and he told me that he had moved the car and truck up to the upper peninsula where he had restored a cemetery. He had even had his parents reinterred there. I seem to recall that he also restored a chapel. Unfortunately I can't remember what town in the UP. I remember he shared with me how much he liked J.B. and he would probably never know for sure if he bought them because he liked them or he liked him so much.
He told me that he had had a building built to store them and even displayed his trophies there. He told me that he did not want to sell them, but offered anytime I was up there, stop in, see them and even take them for a ride. He also said he would keep my name and number with the car should they ever be up for sale after him. That was 22 years ago now. He might be gone as well by now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 10:56 am:

Michael, Contact the local Model T Club in that area. "The Model T Flivvers", Chapter of M.T.F.C.I

Here is the link off the MTFCI website:

http://www.modelt.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=15#M I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:08 pm:

Maybe St Louis?

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/5-on-your-side/new-oak-grove-owner-says-restoring -cemetery-is-personal/305199952

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Alexander on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 01:57 pm:

I tried contacting The Model T Flivvers and the email and phone number on the website is bad. Does anyone know how I can contact them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Monday, October 24, 2016 - 04:19 pm:

Just an FYI ... the president of our local club, Casual T's ... sent your notice above, to all of our members, as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration