Steering Wheel Spider FS. Double key. Early?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Steering Wheel Spider FS. Double key. Early?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 08:08 pm:

Posted an image of this spider on the forum a while ago and the consensus was that it was an early T spider with two key ways.

Now you know what I know.

$25 plus shipping from Atlanta, GA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 07:43 am:

Robert, sounds like you don't know a lot about this particular spider and neither do I !!! First of all what size is it, I'm looking for a 15" suitable for nickel plating and must fit a 22' Touring. Maybe someone can chime in and help us out. If this spider works for me I'll gladly take it. Are there any defects ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:36 am:

Hmmmm... don't know if this hurts or helps, but it is what it is. The spider measure almost 16" from end to end and it lays perfectly over my currently steering wheel off my 26/27 speedster which has an outside measurement of almost 18" .
Strong spider, some rough areas that could be sanded or smoothed out, no dings or bends.

The early representation comes from comments made on the fourm about the two keyways. Don'tknow if there is a part number or stamped id that I could look for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 10:49 am:

Appears to be an "after market" wheel spyder.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration