Looking for gas tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for gas tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:05 pm:

Would like to find an original oval gas tank in very good condition ... slight denting not a problem but must be rust free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By craig hall on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

call bobs antiques in Rockford ill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

I have a clean one with loose baffles. I took it out of my 23 RA. Pay shipping only. Is there a shipper that will take a gas tank?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:54 pm:

I bought a new one from Ken Meeks just before his accident. It's been sitting here empty since then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 07:59 pm:

I bought this round one, for the Speedster that I'm building, from Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 11:27 am:

I would highly recommend purchasing a brand new tank. New tanks are absolutely clean inside and have no leaks. Used tanks can have a variety of issues. Have fun driving your T all next year instead of battling fuel problems every time you want to go for a ride because of the dirt/varnish/rust/bug nests/mouse remains that you didn't know were behind that second baffle...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 11:51 am:

Sure ... that is my fail safe if I can't find what I'm looking for. You never know ... all kinds of good used stuff out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 01:49 pm:

I bought a nice oval tank at Chickasha 3 years ago for 25.00. It had been painted black. I have it in my 21 Touring rebuild. Good tanks don't come around often as they once did. I was very lucky on this one. Had been to Chickasha many times before and didn't see one.
If I hadn't found it I was ready to buy a new one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 02:55 pm:

Mark I have an oval tank that is in very nice condition. Give me a call 585-671-5959 and you can come to Webster and look at it and see if it would work for your project. Bill

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration