FS Very Early Motor Mount

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS Very Early Motor Mount
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

One very early front motor mount. Rumor has it these were hand crafted and only used on the first twenty '09 production year chassis'. It even has the Ford script! Taking bids now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 02:54 pm:

Maybe you mean 1809.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 03:01 pm:

Even better! 1809 prototype Model T Ford front motor mount.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:22 pm:

Financing available?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 09:51 pm:

Wow! I didn't think I would ever see another one of those.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:25 pm:

Mark: I believe this is "pre production" prototype. Probably used on the car before #1 ... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:50 pm:

Bidding to open at $1,000.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 01:53 am:

Gee mark, I was going to open at 2000.00! Maybe Henry made it himself!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 09:47 am:

Hey Kim,

Now I know I made the big time if you're here! It is entirely possible Henry made it himself. Without any documentation, I elected not state that possibility. I didn't want to be misleading. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Sutton on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:18 am:

In all seriousness did you find it on a car? I bought a "touring" a few years ago and it had a home made gas tank in it that honestly wasn't too bad. I'll have to dig up some pictures of it.

Craig

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 11:24 am:

Craig. I did not find it on an assembled car. It came with a bunch of parts I purchased. Whoever made it sure put a lot of time and effort into making it. Another fine example of a shade tree mechanic at work. Quite the conversation piece.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 01:13 pm:

Leave it to my son. A chip off the old block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 02:44 pm:

This would be a perfect addition to a power unit or doodlebug. Where is Ron ... this would be right at home on one of his doodlebugs... :-) :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 03:16 pm:

Where's Ron? The better question Donnie is: "where is Ron's sense of self-control and good judgement?" I am working on getting this down from my trailer and wondering how the hell I let her follow me home (especially as I'm just finishing the AA and was already out of room before I acquired that beast):

As much as the mount appeals to me, primarily because the exemplary finish work and fine engraving would compliment several of the more "high end" pieces in my collection (like the saw rig), the opening bid is too rich for my blood. And THAT gentlemen, is the most self-control I've exercised in the last 10 months. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Ron,

I understand you are a little short at the moment. For you I could let it go for the bargain price of $900.00. Just think, you'll probably never see another one in this pristine state! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Mark - you make it very tempting with that concession, but am going to stand firm. Honestly, I hold you partially to blame for the indiscretion currently sitting on my trailer. I was admiring the radiator you recently posted for sale on here - but then reminded myself I had nothing to install it in. Two days later, through a series of totally unforeseen circumstances which remain hazy to me even now, I inexplicably found myself on I-84 with my flatbed occupied. Of course, as is often the case with my luck and timing, by then your radiator was already sold. I cannot help wonder if this was a case of finding a project for the sake of buying a nice part? So, I will not risk hauling home something else I have absolutely NO ROOM for, simply to justify that magnificent mount. Work your spells elsewhere. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, November 01, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

Ron: What is this thing "self control" you speak of. It is something I have never been blessed with seeing or using. Do you know where I can find some ... :-) "have fun and be safe" Donnie Browwn ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 11:11 am:

That was used in the T the Flintstones drove.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 04:09 pm:

This post is a bit early. It is 5 months to April 1.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:29 pm:

Donnie - I'm the wrong guy to ask (obviously)! 😉

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration