Thanks for "Lightening the Load"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Thanks for "Lightening the Load"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 12:24 pm:

I recently threw some of my excess Ford & Stevens tools along with a few extra pieces on here to peddle. I want to thank all parties that responded & purchased said parts & pieces AND the MTFCA !

That being said, I want to comment to a "few" (and you know who you are) that responded - I packaged their parts & "no-show" on the $'s AND no reply to any further email attempts ! I'm cool with that if you died or had a death in the family, extenuating circumstances BUT really - you can't take a minute to respond ?????

I've been in in this hobby for over 40 + years and attempt to supply the hobby with some "good stuff" ! I have never had a complaint with what I sold someone - so how's about a little common courtesy ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

I've had the same problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

Steve,

It is sad, but common courtesy and common sense seem to be in short supply these days.

Thanks for your past efforts and hopefully the positive responses will enable you to continue your good deeds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:07 pm:

And same to you, Hal...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:41 pm:

Gee, and I thought I was the only one that attracted the dead beats!
Have thought of keeping a "do not respond or sell to" list but am trying to stay positive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

Welcome to the modern world, Steve. I've been very lucky for the most part, nearly everybody who has said they would send money for something has. Nearly everybody.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:42 pm:

I REALLY WISH that the classifieds would go back to a format where you can post an item for sale or wanted AND THAT'S IT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in S.C. on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 01:54 pm:

It is happening to me as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard L Grzegorowicz on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:05 pm:

IM SORRY STEVE BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS TO DAY! I BID ON A S [COMPLETE] THATS THE WAY IT WAS LISTED,SET OF FLOOR BOARDS SMALL CRACK IN THE LARGE BOARD,IT WAS FOR THE 22 FORD I PAID GOOD FOR THEM,THEY ARE ORIGINAL AND NOT ROTTED AND HAD THE STEEL SECTIONS IN PLACE.THE PICTURES WERE VERY CARFULY TAKEN,BECAUSE THERE WERE THREE PICTURES TAKEN,ONE SHOT THERE WAS THE TWO UPPER BOARDS TOGETHER THEN ONE SHOT WAS BY ITSELF THE LONG WAY UP AND THE SLOTS WERE OUT OF THE PHOTO,SO THAT SHOT LOOKED TO BE THE BOARD WHERE THE BRAKE LEVER IS LOCATED,THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE PICTURE WAS WHAT LOOKED LIKE THE BRAKE SLOT.JUST BARELY IN THE PICTURE.I COMPLAINED! BUT DID NO GOOD I LOST MY 60.00 PLUS 28.00 SHIPPING.LAST OF MY BAY SHOPPING.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:06 pm:

Same thing here. 90% are great, about 10% I never hear from again. It also happens that sometimes I ask for "what is this" or "what year" ect on the forum. Then I get a answer by some of the forum members. But in the meantime I get a bunch of "is it for sale" questions. So I take and send more pictures, figure shipping, contact people, give prices, and Ill never hear back from about 1/2 of them. I guess its just the "nature of the beast" But most are great to deal with...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

Whine goes well with Cheese .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

Really Jim ?????????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:21 pm:

Layden

I keep that "deadbeat" list in my desk drawer, not to share online, but to refresh me before I sell, ship, and don't get paid. eBay is best, as you can check payments prior to shipping.

On the Forum, figure T guys are good to go and ship and await payment. Been stiffed 2 times now, but not by the same buyer.

Sad but true. There are those who take and don't care.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:34 pm:

Yeah really Steve .....

Nothing is sold until paid for in full ....

If you want to pack up parts for an order that has not been paid for yet - your choice - don't whine about it if the money doesn't come.

I have scheduled trips fall apart because folks cancel hauling - then other people get upset because they have to wait for another trip to be built to have their car hauled.

Get over it Steve .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:38 pm:

BTW ....

I don't see an MTFCA member number in your user profile.

Perhaps you just forgot to list it ....

Would not want to think someone doing business here for free would start a complaint thread ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Healey on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:46 pm:

Steve, thanks for the sale, happy with the tools, they were exactly what I expected and following up after the sale was cool too....is the Stevens clutch drum puller one of the items that didn't ship yet? Could put my name on that if you get to the point of offering it again. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 06:50 pm:

Jim, Steve is as good a guy as there is, I'm sure he is a member. A lot of the time, I ship parts on the buyers word that the check is on the way. I've never been burned yet. I rather sell here on the classifieds then eBay simply because the fees are so darn high! Kim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:00 pm:

Ditto what Kim said. I have yet to be stiffed by a forum member. All have been a pleasure to sell to. I sold a rebuilt tillotson on EBAY. The buyer then sold it to a third party. The third party damaged it a returned it to the original buyer. The original buyer requested I provide a full refund. I disputed the claim. EBAY sided with the original buyer even after they learned he had sold it to a third party. When I got the carburetor back, the float bowl was full of debris and the throttle arm broken. EBAY still pulled the purchase price from my PAYPAL account. That was my last transaction through EBAY and I will never do business with them again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 07:42 pm:

Yo Jim - member #14972 - joined back in 1988.

Wasn't my intention to begin a "complaint" thread - just posting the facts.

Kinda seems you're calling the kettle black - where the hell you from, anyway ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:01 pm:

Cut him some slack Steve.. "His IQ is too little to measure". His own words. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:04 pm:

Got it - I'm O.K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, November 02, 2016 - 08:14 pm:

Spot on Don,

I'm too dumb to start a Whiner thread about customers ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:15 pm:

Why not list those who have failed to pay?
I have bee only stiffed once and would love Morris Kindig to sue me.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:50 pm:

I understand where Steve is coming from. People make appointments for service at my wife's Subaru Centers, and then never show up. We book the time have employees at the ready. A total waste of time.

We sell parts as well, and these customers call and order and then never show up. These are the same people that will send a text rather than call or look you in the eye. Sadly is seems to be the way of the world today.

Glad you were able to lighten' the load and sell your stuff to responsible buyers. Now you can come out to my barn and offer encouragement for me to do the same. Too much stuff to little time.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration