Model T oil pan support bracket

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Model T oil pan support bracket
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 12:54 am:

I'm looking for the brace that helps hold the drive train in place
From frame to frame. Example photos attached. Pan bracePan bracePan brace

If you have one to sell, let me know.

Thanks
George

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 07:46 am:

I have one, message sent

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 09:34 am:

George. Thanks for posting the photo of the Pioneer engine support ad. It shows the proper placement of the two nuts. One inside and one outside. Not both on the outside as the other picture shows of the one mounted on a car. I have seen a lot of the Pioneer style supports that are mounted, or have been mounted with both nuts outside the bracket. It allows the threaded portion to move inside the bracket and wear the threads off the rod. I have seen the rod worn almost in half. The ad you posted is the
smoking gun" of my argument to place the nuts "one inside and one outside" Thanks ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 11:40 am:

Donnie, disagree. The Pioneer shown in photo is not the same Pioneer shown in earlier add. Bracket is different. No smoking gun. Later installation much easier. Both ways will work OK but earlier installation I was told will result in more wear and strain on the unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:24 pm:

Warren, Disagreeing is OK, I always say I could be wrong, but what is the difference in the brackets. It appears that the one in the ad could be flat steel, instead of a casting. ???. I wish I could see the top of the ad. All the supports I have had made like the Pioneer style, have had the nuts installed either way. Some were inside and outside, and others had both nuts outside. I have also seen them mounted both ways on existing cars. Probably is a personal choice type of thing on existing cars, and even on the old original (I use the original term loosely). But all the ones I have seen with both nuts outside have a large amount of wear where the threaded rod goes thru the y-bracket. The ones mounted with the nuts on both side have very little wear, and sometimes even "no wear" if the nuts stayed tight. This has been discussed before and it is something similar to what is the best oil, are water pumps good, and Marvel Mystery Oil. :-) :-) The best we may ever achieve is "agree to disagree" George, sorry to sideline the want ad. If you do not get one from ED, send me a PM message. I also have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Thursday, November 03, 2016 - 08:55 pm:

Lang's has these in stock, also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 08:31 am:

Donnie -- I have no dog in this fight, but... Your experience of seeing the rods nearly worn in two with the nuts installed one way and seeing no wear with them installed the other way is enough to convince me of the best way to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Friday, November 04, 2016 - 01:04 pm:

Thank you MTFCA, I found a brace.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration