Want To Buy This Front Wheel Hub!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Want To Buy This Front Wheel Hub!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:06 am:

I want to find/buy this hub. The car I'm building is a late 'll / early '12.

I want to mount the speedometer road gear shown in the box onto this hub similarly to the one shown on the '11.

If anyone would part with the hub I'd like, please e-mail me at bill.everett@epickett.com. Please include a couple of pictures and how much you'd like for your hub.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:26 am:

You need one with the ridge around the backside and the 3 factory holes for the gear?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 10:34 am:

Gary;

Yes, I believe you're right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:39 pm:

is this the right one?
hub a
hub c\

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 12:43 pm:

I have had this for many years. The inner side is a bit rough, but the ridge seems to be smooth.
It appears to be useable, but it is as found.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:06 pm:

Daryl;

Please lay it on it's side and shoot a picture the ridge right behind the threads.

If the ridge matches the ridge-behind-the-threads in the picture I posted, I believe it is what I'm looking for.

Thanks, Daryl.

Bill Everett

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:38 pm:

short thread 14 or later. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:48 pm:

The 1912 speedometer gear does not index on the hub, and is the same as the gear used in 1911. The 1911 - 12 hubs are 6" diameter and do not have the machined area or lip shown in that photo.

A correct 1911 - 12 speedometer installation looks like this:

The hub for a 1911 - 12 looks like this:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 01:51 pm:

Like Charley said the hubs with the raised lip and machined flat are for 1914 - 1915 model years. Those look like the photos Bill posted in the first one at the top of this thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 02:45 pm:

Bill, I have this front hub if it's what you want.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 03:19 pm:

mine is the short thread. I have heard that the treads can be cut from short to long, if one wants to alter the short thread one.

Darel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 03:33 pm:

same as mine.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 03:47 pm:

I hope Chris moves this thread to the regular forum! A lot of good information and photos here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Grab any hub you want, chuck it up and machine a flat spot for your gear.... no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, November 05, 2016 - 07:27 pm:

Tim,

No, the earlier (pre - 1914) hubs are smaller diameter, so you can't machine it to get the lip. And the later ones made by Ford and others from 1918 - 27 are already the correct diameter to fit the speedometer gear. So you can't machine one of those to get the "lip" that is seen on the 1914 - 1917 hubs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:22 am:

What would we do without you Royce?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 02:35 pm:

I'd also like to buy two of the '11 - '12 hubs that look like the one that Royce posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ray Syverson on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 10:22 am:

early hub

I have this one if anyone would like it. It does not have the ridge for the speedo gear but is an early hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 03:54 pm:

I have a twin to the last one Ray posted. It still has the inner and outer ball bearings in..

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 04:52 pm:

Bill mine turned out to be a short thread...sorry. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Tuesday, November 08, 2016 - 05:31 pm:

Ray, I sent you a PM.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration