FOR SALE; RUCKSTELL AXLE

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; RUCKSTELL AXLE
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

Ruckestell; %14.98. Please walk ins only but will deliver to Chickasha or possibly to Bakersfield. You can have your choice of small drum or big drum. Some NOS parts, all are good. The gear that wears the most is the slide gear. This one is NOS. Note the red axle is much thicker than the normal axle so will be stronger than the normal axle, but will fit wheel like the normal axle. I would have used two of the stronger axles but you can't use a stronger axle on the left side as the slide gear will not fit. There will be no shifter included at this time.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co.80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 07:48 pm:

I somehow miss typed the asking price, its $1,400.

Universal half:
ruckstell universal

The rest of internals:

entire ruckstell

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 08:17 pm:

Is the shift lock assembly that bolts directly to the Ruckstell axle housing included?

I assume that you did not plan to include the actuating lever assembly that operates the axle from inside the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glen Chaffin on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 08:27 pm:

Dave, What is your space at Bakersfield? I would like to meet you in person. If you have anymore non-drain plug rear axle housings then, bring them. Thanks Glen

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 10:19 pm:

Ted Dumas: I am currently out of P-`158 C and B. (back shifters).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, November 07, 2016 - 11:02 pm:

Glen, I will not have a space. If I go out next year I will be with friends that will have a space and I will let you know.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, November 09, 2016 - 11:27 am:

Glen: I only have a couple of left Housings left I think I better keep them for extras. I will keep my eye open for some more and let you know. There must be a lot of them around here that I can get to Bakersfield.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, November 11, 2016 - 10:21 am:

If any locals want to stop by and take a look at this RUCKSTELL before I put a housing on it they are welcome. I think once you see how good the internals are you will agree on the price.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 01:06 am:

I may have three or four Ruckstells that I can deliver to Chickasha. Let me know payment must be made ahead of time to justify bringing them to Chickasha. At this time I have both big drum Ruckstells and small drum Ruckstells. Get your name on one now they may not be available at Chickasha Time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 06:37 am:

Dave. Do you have any ac brakes to fit a small drum axle?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 07:58 am:

Richard: I do have new small drum accessory outside brake. I forget the make right now but will check. I used them on my 16 for a very short time. I think I even have the equalizer. I wont be able to send you a picture of the brake for a couple of days but will do so. It is nice to have rockies on hills like these. Even though you don't use them at least you know you have them.

steep down hill

steep down hill #2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:01 pm:

Pm me when you know and a price would need the equalizer. I don't want rockeys. Will be looking for the drums also. Also looking for 4 wheel adaptors from model t to Chevy disc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 02:10 pm:

Richard: I have loads of small drums, also have a few large drums. I will look and let you know if I can determine what the manufacture is.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 01:46 am:

PRICE REDUCTION, I WAS ASKING $1,400 BUT WILL NOW ACCEPT $1,300. I still have some ruckstells left, Time is getting short to deliver them to Chickasha. You would have to let me know right away if you want one. Understand that the internals are mint, with many new parts. I will leave the housings off so you can judge how good the internals are. Again they will not have the shifters. If anyone prefers I can bring one with the housings already installed or you can have one with separate housings so you can examine the internals. If you find even one gear that you don't like we can replace it on the spot with a new one. The Ruckstells with the separate housings will be entirely complete to the last nut and bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Is the original Ruckstell design the same as the ones made today. Or are there improvements on the ones being made today?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

Glenn, how many left side housings you want and what are they worth to you?? I have probably 50 from building up Ruckstells over the years. I'm coming to Bakersfield if all works out, will have a pickup and trailer -- delivering the TT truck I had on the Classifieds to a guy north of Fresno, then on to BF. If they are worth hauling and the snow melts enough before then that I can get to where they are at the ranch I might try to bring you some. I hope this isn't hijacking Dave's thread.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

Richard, if you look back through the threads from several years ago you can find one on how I did my T hubs to put Chevy disks on them. Here are a couple pics, I know I had more but I'm working on carbs and need to do that more than scroll through a zillion pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

Sorry about posting this on this thread.

BUY DAVE'S RUCKSTELLS!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration