For Sale: 1923 Ford T With Tractor Conversion/Sickle Bar Mower

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: 1923 Ford T With Tractor Conversion/Sickle Bar Mower
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Hall on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:10 am:

For Sale: 1923 Ford T With Tractor Conversion/Sickle Bar Mower. Runs and drives. I had it running/driving a few years ago at a local tractor show. Front tires are good used, back tires are bad but aired up. I have a pair of NOS tires/tubes/ liners for the back. The tractor is kept inside a pole barn. $3500.00 Call Steve 1-386-330-2566 after 10AM up to 10PM eastern any day. Ford T with Tractor Conversion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Hall on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 11:53 am:

I can store this T-Tractor in my pole barn for at least 6 months if it is paid for in full. I can also load it with a fork lift if you need it. Righ Drive Gear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Carrico on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 02:42 pm:

That is a great Doodlebug, I am glad I have a sickle bar mower bug or I would be trying to convince the wife that I need a new toy! good luck with finding it a new home.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 04:41 pm:

What is the origin of the sickle bar itself? Was it adapted from a horse drawn implement or from a tractor or what ? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Hall on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 05:00 pm:

I think it was a McCormick mower. I don't know much about it. The fellow i bought it from got it from an estate. It had been used in parades for many years. I was found parked in a warehouse for so long that the rear tires were melted fast to the concrete floor. They had to use large scrapers jammed under the rear tires to get it loose. I patched the rear tubes and tires when i got it. They are still aired up after all these years. I did find and buy a pair of NOS tires/tubes/liners for the rear. They are included in this sale. The rear wheels are not Ford Model T. They are a size tire that is no longer made. In fact i just remembered that i found the tires on this very site. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 06:36 pm:

Virtual clone of mine and another one up in Canada that has been featured on here. Mine and the Canadian one had both been pulled out of Pennsylvania- which lends some credibility to the story I got that 30 of these had been made in the mid-late 30s by a guy in Pennsylvania using Ts and IHC/McCormick Deering horse drawn mower parts.

Mr. Hall - do you have any history on yours?

You also responded to my running Craigslist ad, so I asked you the same question through that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

I have one made of a McCormick New 4 (pre1919), It has the steel mower wheels on the rear

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By thomas elliott nw pa on Sunday, November 13, 2016 - 11:21 am:

As I remember when I was a kid(1940's), in nw Pa. a business run by Ellis" car load" Day, assembled and sold conversions like this, I remember seeing them after the war, the business has been closed for several years now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration