Wanted: Early Forged-end rear radius rod

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Early Forged-end rear radius rod
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Monday, November 14, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

I am looking for a right side forged-end rear radius rod. They were used up until 1913. Send me an email at alexdragone1@gmail.com if you have one you would like to sell. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 05:42 am:

Check your email. Message sent. Thanks, Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 06:31 am:

Alex, as far as I know, there is no left and right radius rod. because there is no seam in the rod, it can be installed on either side. The left and right side rods came when the seam was introduced, and it needs to be installed at the bottom of the rod so water does not accumulate inside and rust it out.

I could be wrong.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 10:29 am:

No; you're right. 1921 was the first year for rights and lefts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 11:57 am:

Thanks guys for the info. I didn't realize that. So this means I just need one forged-end rear radius rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Tuesday, November 15, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

Alex, I have forged end that with a 14 to 20 rod could be made into an early one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

Dale, thanks for your message. Langs sells that I believe, but I would really like to get an original for my car because it is so original.

Still looking for one. Please contact me if anyone has an original forged-end radius rod. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 05:37 pm:

Alex, I have one of these radius rods. I will check the threads tomorrow and try to find out how to ship.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Jim thanks, send me an email with a few pictures, I can fix threads: alexdragone1@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 08:54 am:

Alex, I sent you a email with photos. did you get it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 08:36 pm:

Jim, I did not get any photos. Try sending them again. Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 11:14 am:

Alex I will send another email. I also ask every one else to excuse me for posting these photos on this site.radius rodsrods 2

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration