WTB 26-27 ignition switch assembly

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB 26-27 ignition switch assembly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 06:41 pm:

WTB ignition switch assembly for a 26 TT.
Would like to have key and ammeter to be included.
Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, November 17, 2016 - 10:31 pm:

Jay, as far as I know, the TT's used the same switch and panel used on the 1919-1925 cars. It was mounted on a special angled plate bolted to the firewall. This should widen your choice. The 26-7 car switch was an entirely different beast.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 12:01 am:

Sometime in 1926 production the TT's started using the 1926 car type switch both with the factory truck closed cab and the TT chassis with the firewall switch bracket. The C cab trucks may have continued with the 1925 type switch because the C cab used the same dash as the 1925 roadster and touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 12:25 am:

Yep, if Jay has a factory C cab or enclosed cab, at least the later ones and possibly all 26-27's used the 26-27 passenger type switch. I've had both types of cabs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 03:40 pm:

Jay
Contact Ben martin at 404-789-6350.
Ben is the go to guy for Model t Ford switch's and repairs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 07:26 pm:

My TT is an early 26 steel enclosed cab.
It uses the same 26/27 ignition switch style as used in the passenger cars.
I'll call Ben Martin.
Thanks much everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, November 18, 2016 - 09:20 pm:

I keep forgetting that you fellows have closed TT's. Ours were all imported as bare chassis and bodies were built here. Hence we have the firewall brackets for the earlier switch panel.
Sorry.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, November 19, 2016 - 10:04 am:

Keep an eye on ebay. They are on there almost every day.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration