1926-27 Roadster complete frame off restoration

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1926-27 Roadster complete frame off restoration
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 06:02 pm:

Complete frame off restoration, new paint, new tires tubes flaps, new top, new interior, radiator has new core, new battery...ect.... 30x3.5 wheels all around and they don't look too bad on the car it sits up like a 4X4.
What's it worth if I sell it...?
Also comes with the correct headlights. And nickel rad shell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 07:20 pm:

Cool car looks great and really like the color. I just hope I can make mine look half that nice. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Like the color. I am not looking to buy but you asked. Without more info to go on;
What about the mechanical bits? Full rebuild including the rear end? Clean and paint? Over haul; rings and valve job with no work to rear end?
Do you have a clear title?
Frame off means different things to different people. Sorry but when someone talks about the paint and bling but does not say anything about the heart of the car leave me wondering.

Non-demountable wheels? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:00 pm:

Steve,

Was the build documented ? ?

It seems you never recover what you put into any true " frame off restoration " but as Mark stated the term means different things to different folks.

If the entire process was documented with images & receipts - that would bring top dollar.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:33 pm:

Steve, in Australia there were a few early 26 cars which came with 30 x 3.5" clinchers and the big brake drum rear axle. Those skinny little tyres do look a little inadequate though.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Don't have the receipts in hand but have known the fellow for a few years, I think he's ok at his word but will ask for all the documentation he's the one that did all the grunt work he was supposed to have had the engine work done by someone he knows as well as the transmission. If I remember correctly he asked me how to set the mesh on the ring and pinion gear last year... starter and generator is rebuilt also.
So with that said and I obtained the receipts what's the car worth? I've never messed with the 26-27 T's at all used to own a Tudor but never restored it, I paid $50.00 for it and sold it for $750. It was a turd! Thanks for the replies so far.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Good to know Allan, I thought they all came with 21 inch

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 10:03 pm:

Steve is this the one that came out of a barn loft down your way? Saw it a few years back as removed from loft and it came with 30X3.5. Seems it was put up in the loft during the forties so his brother wouldn't drive it. Interesting car with interesting story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 07:14 am:

Hello Warren... I got your PM. I'll give you a call soon.
As for the T it very well could be the one your talking about, I will do some more digging and try to find out. That would be a great story to hear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 01:50 pm:

I think the loft car was a 13 or 16 with brass radiator. I wanted it but never got a reply to messages so don't know where it went.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration